Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little Britain in America

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last Nights episode but bloody excellent all the way through. Highly amusing but will the Yanks take to it ?.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was very good however I was quite surprised the amount of times the f word was used - don't remember it being used in the english version.

I actually thought the cop demonstrating the guns with a hard on was quite a clever twist.

I think HBO commissioned this series as well.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Haven't watched Little Britain for a while, their first couple of series were excellent but it then went a bit downhill, however last night seems to have got them back on track again. There were a couple of sketches that made your skin crawl a little, the one with Rosie O'Donnell possibly overdid it a little, that of course was the point. My favourite was the talking dog, that was pure genius.

Will the Americans take to it, subtle humour isn't always their bag and to be honest a lot of it is taking the mickey out of them and their ways of life...we laugh readily at ourselves but it doesn't seem to be that way on the other side of the pond, most of their humour seems motivated by some sort of moral...ours certainly isn't.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rosie " thats disgusting "
Marjorie " and licking a Womans Vagina isn't "

:D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...can you see that going out primetime in the US without being censored?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
...can you see that going out primetime in the US without being censored?

It's going out on HBO, they won't censor anything. The channel is known for cutting edge stuff/contraversial stuff ie Curb Your Enthusiasm

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolute shit.

The worst thing on telly for a long time, utterly inane and boring.

there's always one isn't there on every bloody thread, there's always one :yawn:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Watch this thread degenerate into a binfest. NSC is getting boring now. Oh I know I'll disagree and say something is shit just to piss people off and wind them up. Oh how very DARE you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bigwave:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It's not a wind up US, I thought it was absolute drivel, it's just my opinion though.

i do agree with you though on the brilliance of Spielberg.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Little Britain is shite. Absolute lowest denominator crap.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Mainstream America will hate it, but they should be OK on HBO which has a history of showing more contraversial comedies.

There was some utterly cringeworthy stuff last night though - David Walliams in a full bra and panty set made me heave and retch, and there were plenty of other embarassing moments.

If anything the programme was guilty of trying just that bit too hard.

6/10

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Watch this thread degenerate into a binfest. NSC is getting boring now. Oh I know I'll disagree and say something is shit just to piss people off and wind them up. Oh how very DARE you.

Or maybe people are saying it's crap because they thought it was crap, not "just to piss people off"?

Did you ever consider that?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Or maybe people are saying it's crap because they thought it was crap, not "just to piss people off"?

:thumbsup:

I cant really remember any laugh out loud moments, whereas the British version usually has two or three.

I though I read that it had not impressed the Yank audience

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Here we go. Someone disagrees with US and suddenly the whole world is against him and no-one sees life quite like him as he has some kind of divine knowledge about how the world should be, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Little Britain is a festival of wank and I'm glad it's been foisted on the moronic yanks.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

No :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here