Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Listening to internet via mobile

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Life is such that I cannot sit by my computer out here in Turkey every Saturday listening to a game. So last night I was looking at the new HTC touch g3 and when I asked they said 'yes'... I could listen to Brighton games via the internet on the phone.

Does anyone know if this true? It would save my life..... or if not the Touch G3, another phone that will?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I've got a Touch 3g, and just tried streaming the podcast on the website, and it didn't seem to let me do it. Seemed happy enough for me to download it (which obviously wouldn't help with live commentary!).

Which podcast... the pre - Bristol Rovers one didn't work anyway.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd imagine the phone would need to be running a version of Windows mobile with an up-to-date Windows Media Player.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'd imagine the phone would need to be running a version of Windows mobile with an up-to-date Windows Media Player.

well they quoted active X to me..... it does have windows mobile I believe. Any phones you can reccomend?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just checkd and does have windows media player

Sully I tried again, this time with a video (mainly because I couldn't find my way back to the streaming podcasts!). The box loads up which should contain the media, but the play, stop, pause, etc buttons are greyed out. The download button inside the media box works, however, so it's not the complete frame that isn't working. I will try out the live commentary on my mobile tomorrow and report back the results on sunday, as this normally loads windows media player seperately so may be different to what I've attempted thus far.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sully I tried again, this time with a video (mainly because I couldn't find my way back to the streaming podcasts!). The box loads up which should contain the media, but the play, stop, pause, etc buttons are greyed out. The download button inside the media box works, however, so it's not the complete frame that isn't working. I will try out the live commentary on my mobile tomorrow and report back the results on sunday, as this normally loads windows media player seperately so may be different to what I've attempted thus far.

I'd be interested what your results are too, since I was lookng at getting something with windows mobile.

Premium TV has just emailed me back saying the site doesn't work on Windows Mobile.

Really? It did in 2006-7, the clincher for buying my T-Mobile phone with one year's web'n'walk access. Worked perfectly on Windows Mobile 5, enabling me to walk around Mansfield listening to commentary as if it was a transistor radio in Sussex. Even when the signal was lost for a few seconds, it simply resumed without having to relog in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here