Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lisa Nandy our new Culture Secretary - football insight

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
She talks a lot of sense and has a great understanding of the role and importance of a football club in its local community.
Putting political allegiances to one side, any football fan should be pleased that Lisa Nandy is now Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
Can you believe that Mad Nads once had the job? Just look at the insight and intelligence of each of them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve always had a thing for Lisa

IMG_0592.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a brilliant interview.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I find it refreshing that MPs are starting to sound like actual human beings with genuine empathy and feelings again. It’s seems like such a long time ago.
Absolutely this. Not the usual "I'm a (insert club here) fan" to try & look like they understand people they have nothing in common with. But understands what it means to people, and it sounds like she's got involved enough to properly grasp the issues.

Comes across as genuinely interested, down to earth and empathetic. Refreshing is the word.

What was the context of the interview, @albionalba , do you know?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
She talks a lot of sense and has a great understanding of the role and importance of a football club in its local community.
Putting political allegiances to one side, any football fan should be pleased that Lisa Nandy is now Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
Can you believe that Mad Nads once had the job? Just look at the insight and intelligence of each of them.
Nadine Dorries was only there for the Culture (wars) and Media part. She was after all an expert on Channel 4

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Does this mean the football regulator legislation will finally be implemented?
Think you'll find it's the EPL & EFL (mainly EPL) who have delayed it & don't want it outright. There are many things you can take shots at but don't think this isn't one of them.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Think you'll find it's the EPL & EFL (mainly EPL) who have delayed it & don't want it outright. There are many things you can take shots at but don't think this isn't one of them.
Not taking shots at anything, my understanding is that the only reason for the delay was the election.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

The Football Governance Bill has cross-party support and was well into the Committee Stage at which point input from interested parties (including our own TB) have been heard with a view to any amendments (so hasn’t been rejected outright).

It was just put on hold because of the campaign.

Kier Starmer has repeatedly voiced his support for the Bill so it will likely proceed when Parliament convenes after the summer recess.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As Ken Clarke (a moderate Tory) once quipped, "The words Nadine, Dorries, and culture should never appear in the same sentence."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Football “is part of our civic inheritance”.

That’s good.
Yes, I agree. Whether she knows diddly squat about what goes on the pitch matters not. I know sod all about Rugby League, but if the game was in trouble I would understand straight away how supporters might be affected and the damage it could do.

That was a good interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here