Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Scientist: We've successfully taught a dog Morse code!
Dog: [taps paw]

Me: What did it say??

Scientist: "Woof"

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What that site don't account for though is the cracking rigs setup to crack these passwords are using GPU instead of CPU. GPU is a lot faster and if you have a rack of 2080ti GPU's, that time does come down dramatically.

Yeah, I did think it was but old school, still, I think my passwords are okay 👍

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I checked the one for my Steam account on that security website linked above and came up with 41 Trillion Years to crack.

Never realised “your mum” was so secure…

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
IF you use Apple, then IOS or the OS will generate unique secure passwords and save to you 'keyring' so you don't need to remember.
If not Google Chrome will also do the same.
If you want to pay - 1Password will also do similar, and manage across all devices.

The reason we are where we are - is because people use the same passwords, they get hacked, have their credit cards stolen or bank accounts emptied and cry off and someone somewhere has to underwrite that loss so it is not really an excuse these days.

Potentially isn’t that just as dangerous as using the same password multiple times?

If the sites holding your password wallet is hacked then aren’t all your passwords at risk?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
So for weeks Alexa has been telling me I will have to link my BBC account to continue to listen to the BBC Radio on the smart speaker

I have been trying to do this for weeks , and finally today I managed to complete the link up, by doing exactly what I have been doing every couple of days for weeks

My question is though, Why do I need to do that? If I had a DAB Radio I wouldnt need to, If I had FM Radio I wouldn't need to

I have to have a BBC Account to watch Iplayer, read the news or sport on my phone or pc.

Iplayer I understand to an extent as it can remember my programmes etc (although it did that before I needed an account) but WTF do I need an account to listen to free to air radio.

I can see no reason why I have to have an account to listen to radio, its just another log in and password to remember, for an account that has zero financial, personal, or any other info that needs protecting- unless you count what TV and Radio shows I watch or have on (Ill admit it -I like masterchef and Radio 2) The only private info it has is my email and password which are now hackable

Its just another in an ever increasing list of unnecessary layers of security and info gathering that just pisses off more and more people
I agree - it irritates me too. I can access BBC news and sport on my iPhone without a password, but to do the same on my iPad I need a password. I’m not particularly technically minded so I’ve no idea why that happens and I’ve no real desire to know. So I let it annoy me and sometimes I’ll avoid the BBC site, just to teach them a lesson.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This.

I got caught by the initial wave of consumer enthusiasm when they were first released a few years ago, but I ditched it very soon afterwards.

I don't want Alexa. I'm too worried she'll remember everything I say and bring it up in an argument six months later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here