Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LIME JUICE CORDIAL - a hidden pleasure

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've brought a bottle of Tesco Lime Juice Cordial to work, and its ACE. I'm sick of drinking hot tea at work in this weather, and water is so boring. So now, I just fill my cup with chilled water from the dispenser, add a bit of Lime juice, and.....BINGO - instant oral pleasure. Its soooo refreshing, it really hits the spot after the dehydration of yesterday. My mouth feels GREAT.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Go out and get some. NOW.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have to concur. Lime Juice cordial is a most satisfying beverage.

Why is the Tesco version so much cheaper than the tradition Rose brand though?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I am currently enjoying its tangy freshness, I can in no way be considered a Lime Juice Cordial coinnosseur, and have not knowingly sampled the delights of the Rose brand.

Tesco always has quality cheapness though, and £1.29 for a bottle which will probably get me upwards of 30 cups of delicious citrus fruityness, is not to be sniffed at.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Your discovery of the the subtle delights of lime juice cannot be truly fulfilled until you switch to Roses.

Only then will you realise just "how you like your limes"!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There is NO Lime Cordial other than Roses. If you check the ingredients you'll find that Roses is the only one where the actual lime juice is the second largest ingredient (after water). On most of the others it's some variation of sugar.

A pint of Roses Lime Cordial and ice-cold spring water (still or sparkling) with a couple of ice cubes floating around is one of my favorite drinks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Damn straight. Long have I been a fan of Lime Juice cordial, ever since my formative years spent in the gardens of country pubs infact. I would run around in the blazing sun before retiring to the table to comsume my scampi and chips washed down with a lovely cold glass of Lemonade and Lime.

It was so bloody fruity and tangy that a huge grin would spread across my face (not dis-similar to the kind of grin when you watch a repeat of an Albion goal on tv) almost automatically. I might even buy some on the way home.

Cheers

:drink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Roses is the supreme Cordial of the lime drinking conniseur

although when I was in India a few years back I drank freshly squeezed with my breakfast every morning . . . .sets you up for the gin a treat :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thank you for your recommendation of the Roses brand - once I have consumed this current bottle of Tesco Lime Juice Cordial, which won't be long at this rate, I will make extended efforts to purchase some.

Chappers - I find your childhood recollections both charming and heartwarming. I can just imagine you as a cheeky young scamp, with scrapes on your knees and dimples on your cheeks, and a mischievous little twinkle in your eye.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I am glad.

This thread has brought back some very fond memories for me and for that I thank you. It really does show that it's the little things in life that make it all worth while.

I urge you all to sit back for a moment or two and think back to your favourite memories from your formative years. I did and feel a whole load better for it.

:)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Chappers - I find your childhood recollections both charming and heartwarming. I can just imagine you as a cheeky young scamp, with scrapes on your knees and dimples on your cheeks, and a mischievous little twinkle in your eye.

Steady On Sir!
There's a distinct danger of a "jumpers for goalposts" moment coming on....

....although he is a scampish little chappers isn't he?
:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh yes, jumpers for goalposts, stealing apples from the farmers orchard, bread and dripping for tea with LASHINGS of ginger beer, and early to bed with an affectionate cuff round the ear from fathers leather belt.

Halcyon days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still haven't tried out Roses Lime Juice Cordial.
But I am very much enjoying a pint of Lime Juice Cordial complete with icecubes this VERY afternoon. Its my FAVOURITIST drink in the office.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Recipe for Lime Cordial

Ingredients

* Rind of 4 limes
* Juice of 8 limes
* 30g Citric acid
* 1 1/2 kg Sugar
* 15g Tartaric acid

Cooking Instructions

* Boil about 3 litres of water.
* Combine citric acid, sugar and tartaric acid.
* Pour boiling water over the above-prepared mixture.
* Stir to dissolve.
* Add rind and juice.
* Cover it and leave overnight.
* Strain the mixture and keep it in a bottle.
* Dilute with water or soda water according to taste.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
"Lauchlin Rose patented the method used to preserve citrus juice without alcohol in 1867. The Merchant Shipping Act of that same year (1867) required all ships of the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy to provide a daily lime ration to sailors to prevent scurvy making the product nearly ubiquitous; thus the origin of the epithet limey."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My mate Jonny Danger has taken to drinking Southern Comfort and Lime, it's ruddy lovely too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lime Cordial is puke-tastic. Instead add a small amount of Robinsons Lemon Barley Water to a pint glass, add water to 2/3 up the glass then top off the remaining 1/3 with pure orange juice and add ice cubes. Fantastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here