Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lightning strike over Brighton caught by my phone velcroed to the window!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Chhers Marc, it's a shame we don't get more decent lightning storms come our way.

BTW..I think we should organise a summer star party over ditchling beacon one night :)

yeah count me in with that, I'm fully prepared to go Storm Chasing on a day off as well, just like they do in the US...but without the huge tornadoes!!

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Brighton Hove and Sussex Grammar School if you please! At least it was when I first went there!!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Brighton Hove and Sussex Grammar School For Boys ... to give it the full title when I went there!

I won't pretend I liked the place ... but we had a quality Football Team.
5 of the 11 played regularly for Brighton boys, and 4 of those 5 played for Sussex boys too.
Nobody beat us!

The school also taught me how to spell and use proper punctuation ... something that is sadly no longer taught in schools if the standards displayed by many on this message board are any indication. punish:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought it looked like Brighton Grammar then realised they must have changed the name sometime in recent decades........................ that's the trouble with being a dinosaur :(

Blimey, it was BHASVIC when my sister went there in 1976 - that's really being behind the times. You do know that the Chain Pier collapsed, don't you? :)

Question for train geeks. What I don't understand about those lightning strikes yesterday was that all Southern trains out of Victoria were cancelled, yet Gatwick Express and FCC were both running. How come they were working while Southern just gave up?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Brighton Hove and Sussex Grammar School For Boys ... to give it the full title when I went there!

I won't pretend I liked the place ... but we had a quality Football Team.
5 of the 11 played regularly for Brighton boys, and 4 of those 5 played for Sussex boys too.
Nobody beat us!

The school also taught me how to spell and use proper punctuation ... something that is sadly no longer taught in schools if the standards displayed by many on this message board are any indication. punish:

Tsk, using figures rather than letters for numbers.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
5881274186_6a09469006_b.jpg

Blinding picture taken from a good friends flat on Dyke Road.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I thought it looked like Brighton Grammar then realised they must have changed the name sometime in recent decades........................ that's the trouble with being a dinosaur :(

Blimey, it was BHASVIC when my sister went there in 1976 - that's really being behind the times. You do know that the Chain Pier collapsed, don't you? :)

Question for train geeks. What I don't understand about those lightning strikes yesterday was that all Southern trains out of Victoria were cancelled, yet Gatwick Express and FCC were both running. How come they were working while Southern just gave up?
BHASVIC co-existed with the Grammar School for a few years in the mid 70s. I went from the school into BHASVIC - "Absque Labore Nihil"!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This is quite a fearsome show, that I'm not sure if I want to be under or not! :eek:

2960E35E71A38F3B938D6CE48686.jpg

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
what a pic. but i would say thats probably hitting portslade.

Apparently it caused £20,000 worth of improvements.

Sorry.

Some cracking pics in here. Thank God there's none of my undies after a particularly close one in North Street at about 3:45,

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Fairly certain this one is intra ash cloud lightning caused by the static generated during pyroclastic flows from the recent Volcanic eruptions in Chile, either way its bloody dramatic and impressive!

two awesome things to look at then, Lightning and a Volcano Eruption!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here