Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lift off at Chester?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
On this day in 2000, Micky Adam's lowly Seagulls went to bottom of the table Chester hoping for a win.

Even so SEVEN 1 was pretty impressive for an away score.

I think this was Zamora's 3rd game and he scored 3 or 4. Sadly there's a gap in my memory & stats!

I do remember listening to the game whilst on NSC. With no Seagull World, those outside of Sussex relied on us for news and it was just about the most unbelievable game online and the sheer disbelief of those on the board that day.

I also know that Chester Dolphin chose that day to be away from Chester and missed the match!

After the game Albion were only 18th in the old Div 4 but went on to a strong finish and that laid the foundations for 2 seasons of promotions.

Whatever happened to micky Adams?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Zamora scared the life out of the Chester defence.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
9 years ago, it's gone so fast. That was the turning point which launched a 14 game unbeaten run if i remember correctly?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I remember going there, wondering what I was doing, we hadnt won for about 10 games, thrashing someone rubbish at home.

Then out of nowhere, 7(SEVEN)* goals, Zamora becoming a hero, and a happy car journey home

*I love it when vidiprinter highlights how shit a defence is by spelling out the score in big letters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Biggest cheer of the afternoon was when Chester scored and that was from the Brighton fans!!

Great day, think I got home at about 5am the next day. Remember going into a chinky chip shop and the bloke behind the ramp having the broadest scouse accent I've ever heard!

Football: Gulls in seven heaven; CHESTER 1 BRIGHTON 7
Sunday Mirror , Feb 27, 2000
Email Print
MICKEY Adams was ecstatic after his side put seven goals past hapless Chester.

Adams said: "This was a great performance by the lads, but in truth it has been coming for the last three games.

"I was pleased that I kept faith with the side, and they certainly repaid me well."

The hero was teenage striker Bob Zamora, who scored a hat-trick that knocked the stuffing out of the home side.

The Seagulls' other goals came from Keith McPherson, Paul Brooker, Darren Freeman and a superb 25-yard effort by substitute Paul Rogers two minutes from time.

Related Results
Short Term Energy Monitoring: A Road To Long Term Energy Savings?
NCS-Omnicare: The New Landscape For M&A
Cloud Computing Also Hit by IT-Spending Cutbacks
Ohio's Health House Provides Asthma-Free Indoor Living
Agistix's On-Demand Solution Gives Maxim Centralized Logistics Control
Chester's consolation goal came on 77 minutes through Luke Beckett.

Copyright 2000 MGN LTD
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here