Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life on Mars

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Quite good. Think they're pushing the whole Jack Regan/Sweeney thing too far though with Gene Hunt. I'm sure there were coppers like him but if you're going to have a hard bastard 70's copper be a bit more realistic and gritty.

So it sounds like he's been sent there by someone for a purpose....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Being at a football match means i will have to keep a close eye on BBC3 for when this first episode is shown again.
I rather enjoyed 'Series 1'. Not the greatest thing ever, but certainly a rarity of modern UK television output by building on character, loss, mystery and humour.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I wasn't overly impressed I have to say, still as entertaining as ever but a few missteps. Way to much of Sam's contact with the future, I liked it when it was more ambiguous and didn't impose on the narrative so much. Also far to much of him spouting off like a mad man and noone being that bothered and the ending was quite rubbish, expected something a bit more convincing than that.

Hopefully it will pick up though.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Les Biehn said:
I wasn't overly impressed I have to say, still as entertaining as ever but a few missteps. Way to much of Sam's contact with the future, I liked it when it was more ambiguous and didn't impose on the narrative so much. Also far to much of him spouting off like a mad man and noone being that bothered and the ending was quite rubbish, expected something a bit more convincing than that.

Hopefully it will pick up though.

Yup, couldn't of put it better myself. Mind you I expect the first episode was designed to bring newbies up to speed, so it had to go over a bit of old ground.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lammy said:
Yup, couldn't of put it better myself. Mind you I expect the first episode was designed to bring newbies up to speed, so it had to go over a bit of old ground.

Yeah, I didn't think of that but you could be right. Still wish it had been a bit more subtle.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
You all should have been at Brisbane Road last nite :angry: :angry: :angry:

Some of us have lives outside the Albion :)ohmy: ) and can't, don't want to go to every Albion away game

I thought the programme was very weak, a shame as have been looking forward to it for months.....can only get better

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was a bit disappointed to be honest. As Les says, too much contact with the future, and acting like a mad man which everyone seemed to ignore.

I hope it doesn't go the way of "Lost". At some point, they need to spill the beans...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
tedebear said:
This is the last series isn't it - I'm interested to see how they'll get him back - if they do?
That is good news if true. I like the very British TV addage of quitting while you're ahead. And that normally means 2 or 3 series at most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here