Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life is pants!

DTES said:
You've never really suffered from depression have you?

Perhaps not to the wrist-slashing point, but certainly to the not-giving-a-f***-about-anything, feeling totally out of control of my life, constantly tired but not being able to sleep, feeling totally isolated and helpless stage, yeah. It's not very nice.

DTES said:
I've hit a point when I actually really didn't want a wank. At all. Imagine that Steve...

Stop being so melodramatic. Nothing EVER gets THAT bad. :)

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Safeway said:
Perhaps not to the wrist-slashing point, but certainly to the not-giving-a-f***-about-anything, feeling totally out of control of my life, constantly tired but not being able to sleep, feeling totally isolated and helpless stage, yeah. It's not very nice.

Sorry bud, wasn't trying to belittle the whole thing.:)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, the seas
sleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke, and cities made of
song. Somewhere there's danger; somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere
else the tea is getting cold."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sometimes when things are going crap I think about how other people are not so lucky as me - they face an endless struggle every day just to do basic things that we take for granted.

Then I realise maybe things aren't as bad as other peoples real problems.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Everytime I think things are bad then I cheer up as I realise I could be like you :salute:

There's not many people who would make such a generous comment as that

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
berkshire seagull said:
Lifes what you make it unless tragedy is involved mmmm:)
Woman can be shot of if you do it bluntly and man-ley:lolol: :lolol:

Bollox you try making yourself a millionaire by selling drugs, I bet some bastard will stop you making it!

Life is what others will let you make it unless you are born in to privilege.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Gary Nelson said:
What a load of wank!
Bird problems is what growing up is all about. Yorkie (for once:p ) is reigt about other things going wrong. The only way I look upon it all is that everything happens for a reason and its how you deal with each issue defines you as a person.

Totally agree thats why i said it myself if you read properly

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm lucky in a way as my job reminds me how lucky I am ( I'm a nurse ) and it has a habit of making you feel stupid for moaning when your patients are deaing with life and death. You soon realise and get a grip as your problems are so irrevelant.

It's all part of life and living, Brighton Boy.
You don't have to be religious or join some organisation to read the Bible - and there are plenty of useful stories to relate to.
The patience of Job might apply if things are going badly, and perhaps you need to find some faith in the future rather than railing at the gloomy walls that seem to close in around you and get ever blacker.
Get out and take a walk on the Downs, or on the beach, and get a perspective that Earth is bigger than your own problems, and that you can live with it and still accomodate a good time and lifestyle as well.

Aaaaand.....................always look on the briiiight side of life (etc)

marvin said:
Life is what others will let you make it unless you are born in to privilege.

f*** me, you really are a bitter man, aren't you? Obviously I know nothing of your personal life, and you may well have good reason to have such a negative attitude, but Jesus, don't try and bring the rest of down with you.

Life is what YOU make it. Nobody else.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
f*** me, you really are a bitter man, aren't you? Obviously I know nothing of your personal life, and you may well have good reason to have such a negative attitude, but Jesus, don't try and bring the rest of down with you.

Life is what YOU make it. Nobody else.

I'm not bitter just fed up with people telling others life is what you make it when this is total bollox. Try to fly too high or where someone else does not want you to be and someone else will shoot you down, that a fact, I don't think you will ever get high enough to find this out.

My outlook on life has to do with being a true atheist, the reason why religion was always needed too keep the masses in line.

Ignorance is bliss, this is why you are so happy with life.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is depressing - im gonna go and kick a tourist in the balls, and while they are on floor writhing in pain, I'll remember how lucky I am that no-one kicked ME in the balls!

Happy days!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
marvin said:
My outlook on life has to do with being a true atheist, the reason why religion was always needed too keep the masses in line.

I don't understand why being an atheist (true or not) has anything to do with having such a depressing outlook on life.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
You miserable old ****.

That's your view but i would rather be a miserable "old" **** than an ignorant one.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Titanic said:
I don't understand why being an atheist (true or not) has anything to do with having such a depressing outlook on life.

I have to agree. I'm an atheist, and I've been known to suffer low moods before, but I don't go through life looking at it like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here