Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liechtenstein v Scotland *** Official Match Thread ***

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
its all part of having better players i guess....im please for him & hope he scores...although he shouldn't be playing for Scotland as he is English but
thats a different issue

His name suggests he can play for Scotland. Why shouldn't he? (I can't be bothered to check why)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And the last Albion player to score in a full senior international was?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
At least the Scotch play decent football, even when the opposition is clearly shit.

Still only looks like to two half decent League 1 teams to me - error strewn passes, poor control, lack of inventiveness..

* Muses - You get a good view up here from the Championship don't you...?! *

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
John Byrne v Wales 1991?

Good shout.
06/02/1991, Wrexham, Racecourse Ground, 9168
Friendly International WALES 0 IRELAND 3 (Niall Quinn 2, John Byrne)

Wonder if we've ever had any in a qualifier?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"The most important thing was winning the match and we've done that. We created chances. We kept the ball well at times. Craig Mackail-Smith was different class." Scotland captain Darren Fletcher

NSK Bagpipes for the next home game? :wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mackail-Smith just told the interviewer he was pleased to score and happy that "the boys" created lots of chances, and said that "hopefully" they could score a few in their next game.

That's their next game against Spain :facepalm:

Also chuckling at the Scottish analysts (Craig Gordon, Pat Nevin and some presenter I don't know) answering the question "is Craig Mackail-Smith good enough for this level" with a knowingly smug "of course he is". Come off it, chaps, most of your first XI play in the MTL, therefore CMS is by definition not just "good enough" but probably several levels above them already...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought he looked quality tonight. Brilliant leading the line, great run and finish for the goal. Hope he doesn't play against Spain though as it will be futile waste of his energy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought he looked quality tonight. Brilliant leading the line, great run and finish for the goal. Hope he doesn't play against Spain though as it will be futile waste of his energy.

Agreed. Hopefully Millar will be fit again, because the Spanish will absolutely destroy CMS especially if he's the loan striker like tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here