Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lidl's satellite and of couse satelitte disk

ARE THESE THINGS ANY GOOD ?

Digital Satellite Receiver

Free-to-air receiver in slim line design
Pre-programmed satellites: Astra 19.2°E, Astra 28.2°E, Eutel W2 16E, Hotbird 13°E, Sirius2 4.8E, Amos/Atlantic 4-5W, HellasSat 39E,Türksat 42E and HispaSat 30W
Features:
- Plug & Play
- Auto search with 4500 programmable channels
- OSD (On-Screen-Display)
- Radio reception
- Child lock
- Super fast videotext, 800 pages
- Sleep timer
- and many more
Size (cm): 28 x 17 x 4.5
Free 3 year manufacturer's warranty
Price per item

39.99*
Only available while stocks last

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The dish is too small to get reliable reception when it rains. And if you don't know how to install a satellite dish you'll get fustrated to f*** and end up returning the entire system.

But what you've listed there is a box and a box only. It'll get you the same channels as a Sky box will when the card is taken out, assuming you have a satellite dish pointing at 28 East (where all the UK and Irish channels are). That means BBC, ITV, Film4, Sky News etc but no Channel 4, Five or other Freeview channels.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
looks a bit of a waste unless you can create a mount for the dish with preset positions to pick each of those satellite's up.
If you're an enthusiast then it is probably worth it.
I use to install the big motorised dishes and there is some crazy shit flying through the air up there!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I use to install the big motorised dishes and there is some crazy shit flying through the air up there!

I used to install anything I was paid to.... have a 110cm motorised myself right now and thinking of getting a 160cm; far more interesting stuff on the feed birds than anything "consumers" ever get.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Their Medion computers are getting good reviews. Lots of power too.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
my satellite dish is about 60cm and the monoblock is er, gaffa taped on ;)
using a technomate tm-1000D as the reciever, prob the best supported box you can get.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, the 1000D absolutely rocks. And its British too, if any of you lot have patriotic interests and all that. Have a 1000D Super here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here