Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Trotter

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Millwall have signed a left sided midfielder and a winger this week - my instinct was that they are restructuring their midfield and using the usual formula (2+2 =5) I assumed that might release Trotter. Losing McQuoid left them short a forward so Hoskins going there would make sense and I still think he is good enough to do very well at this level (plus being that bit closer to the M25 means his daily journey to Sheffield is practical if he is happy to commute as he did from Watford and Bristol - no more homesickness). Add it all together and as an optimist I'm going to say that this and Kusczak are deals about to be done. edit: but I gleefully admit that I know f*** all about anything :lol:

Last edited:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Striker, Reyes and Crofts to go ;-)

No thanks! And don't think we'd need Crofty if we signed Trotter? Bridcutt, Trotter, Vicente and Buckley/Lualua? Sounds good :thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
jesus we are going to have about 10 new players introduced to us in the coming days / weeks if all these rumours are anything is to go by

Hehe...isn't thats what pre season is all about?! Keep the rumours coming i say...it gives me something to read!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Striker, Reyes and Crofts to go ;-)

Oh God Reyes? Really? I don't think we should ever sign him for two reasons: 1) He's not actually that good (his passing is horribly lax) and 2) it will stop Gus EVER playing him in defensive midfield where he has never been anything other than utterly abysmal.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
a Millwall season ticket holding mate of mine, of similar middle aged vintage, says;

"Top player only 22, tall skillful strong midfielder. He played particularly well against you guys at the Am Ex. Rumour has been going on here, I hope it is only a rumour! His contract expired at 01/06!"

sounds good to me.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We're in for Greg Bobkin from Stevenage too, don't forget. Could be the best of the lot.

Hasn't it happened yet? I thought it was nailed on and got a tattoo of him riding a dolphin inked onto my back.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hasn't it happened yet? I thought it was nailed on and got a tattoo of him riding a dolphin inked onto my back.

I heard a rumour that he is about to be added to the standby list for England as replacement for Jordan Henderson so wont sign until the situation is resolved.

Stumpy Tim

Oh God Reyes? Really? I don't think we should ever sign him for two reasons: 1) He's not actually that good (his passing is horribly lax) and 2) it will stop Gus EVER playing him in defensive midfield where he has never been anything other than utterly abysmal.

Apart from when he played there when WBA got promoted and he won Player of the Season. A bad run of form for us doesn't make him a bad player. Form is temporary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't really understand why Reyes has been slaughtered on here from time to time. He's had the odd shocking game but more often than not he seems to do a good impression of a decent championship defender (or midfielder) as far as I can see.

As for this Trotter/Hoskins rumour - Trotter absolutely ran the show at the Amex for them, but has been woefully inconsistent at Millwall. If Gus can get him playing consistently well then by signing him we could have a superb player on our hands. If not, we're going to be wondering why ther f*** we le Hoskins go when our other strikers struggled to score in the last few weeks of the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As for this Trotter/Hoskins rumour - Trotter absolutely ran the show at the Amex for them, but has been woefully inconsistent at Millwall. If Gus can get him playing consistently well then by signing him we could have a superb player on our hands. If not, we're going to be wondering why ther f*** we le Hoskins go when our other strikers struggled to score all season.

Fixed for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nah. We didn't struggle to create chances or score for the first ten games or so.

You weren't talking about creating chances, you were talking about strikers scoring goals.

Our strikers scored very few goals last season, fact. If you discount the goals from Barnes, who didn't really play as a striker at all, that fact is even more fact-y.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here