Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I see that Liam's odds have shortened to 10/1. I think its a bit early in his mangerial career given the perfect scenario but that doesn't always fall into place. He has some really positive attributes and it maybe worth going to him now rather than looking at him as one for the future....
He knows the club, the ethos and many of the players
Our fans love him. I think we'd be patient with him if he needed time. He'd repay that with commitment and his passion to succeed
He clearly got something about him. Did brilliantly at Derby. We know he made Rooney look good and he's dined out on that since. Both metaphorically and literally by the look of him! :oops:. He did a terrific job at Hull. The get them seventh with the 19th lowest payroll and transfer fund was an excellent return.
He speaks well and comes across as being a really sound fella. I think he'd get the respect he wants from all around him
Get him in with a strong support staff. Someone like Bruno (I know but he's still a Seagull and his former teammate) coming back in to share the role

I would really get behind something like this rather than punt on an unknown foreign coach or return to GP

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see that Liam's odds have shortened to 10/1. I think its a bit early in his mangerial career given the perfect scenario but that doesn't always fall into place. He has some really positive attributes and it maybe worth going to him now rather than looking at him as one for the future....
He knows the club, the ethos and many of the players
Our fans love him. I think we'd be patient with him if he needed time. He'd repay that with commitment and his passion to succeed
He clearly got something about him. Did brilliantly at Derby. We know he made Rooney look good and he's dined out on that since. Both metaphorically and literally by the look of him! :oops:. He did a terrific job at Hull. The get them seventh with the 19th lowest payroll and transfer fund was an excellent return.
He speaks well and comes across as being a really sound fella. I think he'd get the respect he wants from all around him
Get him in with a strong support staff. Someone like Bruno (I know but he's still a Seagull and his former teammate) coming back in to share the role

I would really get behind something like this rather than punt on an unknown foreign coach or return to GP
The one flaw in your argument is neither Rooney nor Liam did well at Derby aside from an initial few wins.

Last edited:

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

When you say many of the players, I assume you mean about 2 or 3
Time flies...six years since he left. You are right Dunk, March, Gross, Steele maybe but the point I was trying to make was his close ties to the clubs

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Personally I think this place could do with another thread.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hull sacked him because of his defensive playing style. The owner wanted more attacking football.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I'm going to put £20 on someone becoming Brighton's next manager and see how long it takes for someone to start a thread on that person because the odds significantly dropped.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It does need to emphasised that their owner is mental.
True.

So I ran a tactical analysis report, on his Hull City of this season, through GPT4o to see what it said.

Labeling Liam Rosenior purely as a "defensive manager" might be an oversimplification. While Rosenior has certainly improved Hull City's defensive solidity since his appointment, his overall managerial philosophy is more nuanced. Here’s a breakdown of his approach:

### Defensive Strength
- **Improved Defensive Record**: Under Rosenior, Hull City’s defensive record has seen significant improvement. The team conceded fewer goals, indicating better organization and tactical discipline at the back.
- **Key Defensive Changes**: Rosenior’s preference for defenders like Alfie Jones, Sean McLoughlin, and Jacob Greaves, and his tactical adjustments have reduced errors and improved ball control.

### Possession-Based Football
- **Playing Out from the Back**: Rosenior maintains a philosophy of possession-based football. This approach involves starting plays from the goalkeeper and defenders, emphasizing control and ball retention.
- **Formation Choices**: He utilizes formations such as 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, and 4-1-4-1, which provide a balanced structure that supports both defensive solidity and attacking transitions.

### Offensive Adaptations
- **Attacking Reinforcements**: Recognizing the need for more firepower, Rosenior has bolstered the attack with signings like Aaron Connolly, Liam Delap, and Scott Twine.
- **Tactical Flexibility**: Rosenior’s approach includes intelligent forward movement and passing to create goal-scoring opportunities, as evidenced in games like the one against Blackburn.

### Balanced Philosophy
- **Not Just Defense**: While defensive improvements have been a cornerstone of Rosenior’s tenure, his overall strategy is to control the game through possession and structured play.
- **Focus on Development**: His tactics show a commitment to developing a team that is hard to break down defensively while also capable of building effective attacking plays.

### Conclusion
Liam Rosenior cannot be strictly categorized as a defensive manager. Instead, he is a manager who emphasizes a balanced approach, combining defensive resilience with a strong commitment to possession-based football and strategic attacking play. This holistic approach aims to make Hull City a well-rounded and competitive team.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I like him and would absolutely prefer him over Russell Martin, but if we're looking in the "British & quite cheap" category of managers I'd find it strange to skip managers like Rob Edwards or Steve Cooper to get Liam in. He needs another year or three somewhere first. I wouldn't mind it but don't think we're going with it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As much as I like the guy we're not at the stage of sentimental appointments, which is what I feel this would be. Trust in TB, he's got it covered with GPII The Movie

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm going to put £20 on someone becoming Brighton's next manager and see how long it takes for someone to start a thread on that person because the odds significantly dropped.
I did exactly this with a special priced bet on Garcia Pimienta with Skybet and he went straight in at 16/1.

carteater

I'd be happy with him as head coach... one day. Not yet though.

I had so much "man-love" for him when he played for us :blush:
I think he has a great future in management and all this talk about the defensive football at Hull is overblown. Having watched some hull highlights it wasn't always boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here