Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Dickinson to Scunthorpe

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
with the sale of Crofts and the potential sale of Dickinson it should give Gus quite a bit more room for manouvre on transfers ..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not a bad scoring record at a higher level than we are at for someone who is so shit though.

I'm genuinely asking how you play to his strengths. He is NOT good in the air. He is even worse with a ball at his feet. Please someone explain exactly how we should use him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
In fairness he got very few chances in the positions where he has succeeded in the past, which rather ironically is in a 4-5-1. He is not a target man in the slightest despite what a lot of people seem to think, should still be better in the air though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
In fairness he got very few chances in the positions where he has succeeded in the past, which rather ironically is in a 4-5-1. He is not a target man in the slightest despite what a lot of people seem to think, should still be better in the air though.
We started the season with him up front in a 4-5-1 and stopped because it was absolute wank.

I know he's not a target man... the trouble is, he isn't anything else either. He's crap. If some fools buy him then all Brighton fans should be delighted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he's not a "target man" and he's not a "ball at his feet" man, WHAT THE F*** IS HE?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No real answers there then. He clearly doesn't suit how Poyet wants to play - passing football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No real answers there then. He clearly doesn't suit how Poyet wants to play - passing football.

He is good with the ball played in front of him (as at Stockport), but you are right does not fit in with how Poyet plays. Its not the fact he is bad just don't fit in to a certain style of football

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't understand how a player can go to a League 1 club for a £300K price tag and leave for a club in a higher division for £150K. If he's good enough for the Championship we should at least break even on the deal.

Personally, I thought he was a Fancy Dan Big Time Charlie with his white boots and not tracking back.

In his defence he physically LOOKS like a Premiership footballer; I think appearances can be deceptive.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't believe it's that he's shit with his head or shit with his feet.

He does well with both in this video:

[yt]Nd4JBjwsWrY[/yt]

I just think, for whatever reason, (whether it was our tactics, lack of support from midfield, lack of confidence after his derby stint, the physicality of our division that lee hendrie complained about, the old story of young footballer not living up to his potential later in his career, or some other reason) he was never able to play to his potential here last season.

D

Deleted User X18H

Was it ever confirmed that it was 300k? Pretty sure the club have maintained it was 'undisclosed', and I swear someone on here not too long ago was claiming it was in the region of 600k, hence why Bloom went mental when THAT picture was published in The Sun. May not be the case however.

Even so, I still to this day have absolutely no idea how someone paid over a million for him, although I suspect whoever did is no longer in the football industry!

It was in the year end accounts wasn't it.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
maybe not i have just seen him getting his haircut
he was with another player surely if he was moving he would have more to do than a haircut

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
maybe not i have just seen him getting his haircut
he was with another player surely if he was moving he would have more to do than a haircut

Was he with Bennett? or McNulty?

Maybe he was having his haircut for the signing on photo, but I greatly hope not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here