Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Spot on Empire. He was MOM today.

Really pleased to see him come back today with a masterclass in defence midfielding. He wasn't at his best against Bournemouth but has come back with that performance. Brilliant. Well done Bridcutt. Can we offer him a contract, please Gus and Tony?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
It's all been said really but he was that good today I feel I must add to the praise! So aggressive/tenacious in his closing down and tackling, reads the game so well to step in at the right moments and his passing is so consistent. I remember him giving the ball away once today and that was a slightly ambitious pass to calderon that their left back intercepted (hardly the biggest crime in the world!). His performance today was stunning, new 3/4 year deal please Mr Bloom!
Why would you give a contract for three quarters of a year?

I would think he deserves Atleast a three year deal

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
he was outstanding at bournemouth (in a weak team performance) so he is clearly in a very rich vein of form. We'll need to stay in form for the trip to ManUre on Feb 20th..........

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Bridcutt a cut above today, one tackle in the box in the second half was timed to perfection. Could easily have been a pen if he had got it wrong.

There was another down near the corner flag down their end that was Premiership quality. Liam had a stormer today. Best I've ever seen Barnes play and Dicker shone too; the radio could have been raving about him because his performance today was so much better than recently.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He was quality today.

Found this on their website:

PREVIEW: BRIDCUTT ON HIS RETURN TO THE VIC
Fri 28 Jan 2011
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION midfielder Liam Bridcutt admits he is relishing the prospect of returning to Vicarage Road ahead of the FA Cup Fourth Round clash on Saturday.

The 21-year-old spent two months with the Hornets on-loan from Chelsea during the 2008/09 season, making nine appearances in a spell at the club.

He said: "It's always good to play against a club that you have played for and it will be good to see a few of the boys, so I'm looking forward to it.

"All the loan spells I've had have been really good and Watford was one of the best loan spells that I've had and I really enjoyed it.

"I think they've been really good this season and from the games I've seen they are one of the strongest sides in the Championship at the moment.

Bridcutt, who joined the Seagulls on a permanent basis last summer, says the time spent with the League One table-toppers has been the most enjoyable of his career.

"It's a brilliant atmosphere here, all the boys are great.

"It's the happiest I've been in my career. I get on well with everyone, we play really good football, the manager is brilliant and I'm really happy to be here.

"Gus Poyet is a brilliant manager. All you've got to do is look at our results to see that.

"The style of football he wants us to play, he understands that we all want to play football and gives us the opportunity to go out and do that each week.

"We like to get the ball down and play, there's not one individual player, and we are a strong unit.

"Promotion is top of the list at the moment. Every game for us is a big game - we're hoping to get a result."

Watford | News | News | Latest Headlines | PREVIEW: BRIDCUTT ON HIS RETURN TO THE VIC

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We have got to learn to stop procrastinating when it comes to important players contracts. We can see he is quality. Bridcutt's deal needs to be sorted out a.s.a.p. otherwise we risk him being snapped up at the end of the season by someone else.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really hope he gets a long term contract. He was fantastic yesterday and definitely man of the match, although they were all great. Ironically, he only came to us because of Navarro's injury which seemed a disaster at the time. Again you have to give Gus credit for finding such a good replacement for Navarro so quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here