Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt, surely the best holding midfielder in the Football League.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yep.

The triangle of Dunk, Greer and Bridcutt is vital. They hold the ball for as long as possible with the support of the full backs and other central midfielders. So vital to the way we play. I could see him getting loads of stick if he moved to a club where the focus on 'keep ball' wasn't as strong though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My player of the year so far

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
very much agree so far from what we have seen from other teams,and he is so so young to be playing that role,makele took years to get where he was,bridcutt on the right path to stardom

Rosa

Banned
Jan 18, 2012
Rubbish player, league 2 standard at best. Poyet is being very charitable in playing him. Any Premiership clubs would be mad to sign him. Norwich I'd imagine would hit relegation with a player like Bridcutt in the team, they'd be so much better off looking at players in the Palace team.
Overall summary: Go for Hammond (please).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm flabbergasted by how well he has come on, from the first game versus Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup where we lost 2 nil (?) and he was missplacing hollywood balls all over the place to the consumate ball playing defensive midfielder in the like of Makele in his hey day. Chelsea must wonder what they were doing releasing him.

Him and Greer must be the first names on the team sheet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rubbish player, league 2 standard at best. Poyet is being very charitable in playing him. Any Premiership clubs would be mad to sign him. Norwich I'd imagine would hit relegation with a player like Bridcutt in the team, they'd be so much better off looking at players in the Palace team.

Sensible post:lolol:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Agree massively over rated stay well clear. In these financial times not worth the risk.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It is credit to both Liam & Gus that we as fans have become so appreciative of what he does for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Especially if you're Norwich.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
To be quite honest if it wasnt for HARLEY & BARNES we would be rock bottom of the league right now. Just hope Norwich dont read this ;)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
As Dad said on Saturday "That little fellow in midfield didn't seem to do much but did a lot". I think that sums him up a treat. Individually he doesn't do a lot but is critical to us as a team.

Dad's not a fan of any team, but loves his football (grass roots to championship).

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What we need is all of our better players rumoured to be bailed on some sort of trumped up charge... no-one will go near a player that might be charged in the near future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here