Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Brady

Liam Brady - the Albion manager

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A much admired former manager but was this for his mangerial skills or for his involvement with the consortium who managed to get rid of Archer.

Poll is purely on his managerial abilities, I thought he was quite shit personally.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have to say in his first few months he introduced a cracking style of play... then the provernial hit the fan and it all went wrong after that as he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
He is one of those that was a brilliant player but not a brilliant manager.

His record here & at Celtic was pretty unspectacular.

However he will rightly go down in the record books as a key man in getting us back on track

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Have to say in his first few months he introduced a cracking style of play... then the provernial hit the fan and it all went wrong after that as he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do.

do you remember a pre-season match at the goldstone when i think jeff minton and junior mcdougal made their debuts, i think it was against spurs? it was all one touch short passing stuff and i thought we were heading for a soccer revolution. we were... but it was a bad one not a good one!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
kept us up by bringing in a few good youngsters like Mark Fox. Was a victim of the general strife at the club.......Definately an unsung hero in the battle to oust Archer & Bellotti

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
didnt get much help from the board if i remember,hardly spent any money,he was my idol,named my son after him as soon as he became boss at the albion,still does us favours and will doagain soon i hope,legend

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not allowed to do the job properly.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I'd still love to know what he told the authors of 'Build A Bonfire' that they wouldn't/couldn't put into print.

As I remember he wrote a two page forward that a QC reduced to one line.

Similar thing happened to a lesser extent with Bob Pinnock and Stuart Storer except they reduced their own interviews.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
do you remember a pre-season match at the goldstone when i think jeff minton and junior mcdougal made their debuts, i think it was against spurs? it was all one touch short passing stuff and i thought we were heading for a soccer revolution. we were... but it was a bad one not a good one!

Yep absolutely... my personal favs were after he'd been in charge for about 3 weeks,.. we thrashed Cambridge Utd 4-1 on New Years Day (Nogan hat-trick) and there were a couple of belters with last minute goals (Bournemouth 3-3, Blackpool 3-2)..
Also the 3-1 MURDER of Wycombe away in the League Cup the following season remains one of the best performances i've ever seen.. could have been 12-1...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was better than Jimmy Case.

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
He did well up until the Kingstonian defeat, then things went downhill rapidly after that; Playing his old mates Russell Osman and Frank Stapleton didn't help his credibility whatsoever! However he stood up against Arch-hole and Bellend and helped save the club, therefore he should be loved by us:albion2::albion2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
kept us up by bringing in a few good youngsters like Mark Fox. Was a victim of the general strife at the club.......Definately an unsung hero in the battle to oust Archer & Bellotti

I agree with this comment, I have his signiture on Albion headed Letter after i wrote to him with my concerns for the club. :bowdown:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Of course he was sacked by BHA but that was because he openly sided with the fans against those crooks who were intent on asset stripping the club.

He's a football legend, he reads a game well and he was able to get the team playing some flair football and could spot a good player. but the best players were sold and no money was given to team building.

He had an impossible task, surprised he stuck it out as long as he did.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
As far as I remember we got something like 40 points in his first half season which was easily promotion form, the football was entertaining and we were all pretty happy with how things were going, I had to keep pinching myself that Liam Brady (a footballing icon) was associated with the Albion...however, after that it was pretty ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here