Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LG Viewty??

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Should I get one? or are they a pain?? or should I get the new Sony Ericsson k850???

sonyericsson-k850.gif
lg-ku990.gif

anyone who's got either please help! ta

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
the viewty is shit.

depends what you want in a phone really, I don't get on with the keypad layout of the K850

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Spoke to a mate that works as a Vodafone rep. He recommends the K800i (still) as the most useful phone on the market. The k850i keyboard layout is PANTS. The N95 is meant to be the best phone on the market, but the firmware ain't all that firm (more like jelly-ware).

Apparently Samsung are releasing a version of the Viewty in the near future that is meant to be very good. Couldn't you just buy Dwayne's iPhone?

Griffffffffo

Feb 4, 2008
Eastbourne
My girlfriend has the viewty, does the job. but nothing special. i find as a bloke the keypad (touchscreen) rather hard to use, think better for dainty female fingers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
cool, I've got a k800i now so it seems a little silly to upgrade to the new 850i if its not that good. Who's selling an iphone???

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The N95 is meant to be the best phone on the market, but the firmware ain't all that firm (more like jelly-ware).

The firmware is fine, so long as you update it to the latest version. The battery life, however, is absolutely abysmal. I can only assume that Nokia plucked their "225 hours of standby time" figure out of the air as I'm charging mine every three days or so.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
I've got the K850 and would not recommend it. I actually bothered to fill in the Carphone Warehouse questionnaire about it (I really must get myself a life) listing why it was shite. But my main gripe – and what a load of shit is this? – is that it has a very sharp edge at the top of the handset and it actually makes my ear sore during calls! Piss poor.

Good camera, mind.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
get the 810 i
its basically an updae of the k800i , hardly any difference

the missus has just got the 850i and i have to agree the keypad is tricky and the navigation keys are horrible
also the touch sensitive keys dont work that well

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Spoke to a mate that works as a Vodafone rep. He recommends the K800i (still) as the most useful phone on the market. The k850i keyboard layout is PANTS. The N95 is meant to be the best phone on the market, but the firmware ain't all that firm (more like jelly-ware).

Apparently Samsung are releasing a version of the Viewty in the near future that is meant to be very good. Couldn't you just buy Dwayne's iPhone?

Been playing with the Nokia N82 this week, it is excellent. Has WiFi, 5MP camera, 25FPS video, 2GB memory card. really great photos, video is superb (best I've seen in a phone) also the image on the sreen rotates when you tip it sideways, makes for acceptable web browsing on either WiFi or 3G. Worth a look.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Been playing with the Nokia N82 this week, it is excellent. Has WiFi, 5MP camera, 25FPS video, 2GB memory card. really great photos, video is superb (best I've seen in a phone) also the image on the sreen rotates when you tip it sideways, makes for acceptable web browsing on either WiFi or 3G. Worth a look.

good shout with the nokia n82 , have read some good reviews on it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am going to get an N82 at the end of the month when my upgrade is due, it is the best phone around at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here