Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient's away support - EMBARRASSMENT

Talking to an Orient supporter at work, a lot of them got South Stand tickets because of the view from the away end. If it's a choice between being able to wear colours and offer, intermittent, vocal support and actually being able to see the game, many opted for the latter.

I don't believe that. I think they're just poorly supported.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
we have NEVER had a rivalry with orient FACT

Mate, get over yourself, we most certainly did for a while. In the seasons leading up to the sale of the Goldstone, and while we were at Gillingham, Orient games were most eagerly awaited, and judging by the atmopshere at the games Wife and I went to (pretty much all of them) there was plenty of rivalry. Agreed, it is pretty much gone now, they are just another team we have to play twice a year.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be nice for them when they move into the Olympic Stadium, post-2012 then.

Sounds to me like Barry Hearn's getting carried away with style over substance. I'd be willing to bet even most Orient fans would rather stay put than play in a stadium containing 20,000 empty seats every week.

The old stand aside, Brisbane Road isn't even that shabby any more.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Agree completely, Orient are a shit pointless club. The last 3 times they've played at Withdean they've brought with them less and less fans. When the last 2 times at their place we've taken over a 1,000 on a tuesday night and 1,300 when the game was on sky and tickets weren't pay on the day. Id imagine this time round we will easily take 2,000+ there.

Jan 30, 2008
Mate, get over yourself, we most certainly did for a while. In the seasons leading up to the sale of the Goldstone, and while we were at Gillingham, Orient games were most eagerly awaited, and judging by the atmopshere at the games Wife and I went to (pretty much all of them) there was plenty of rivalry. Agreed, it is pretty much gone now, they are just another team we have to play twice a year.
sounds intimidating :lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Boycotting is an easy way of saying 'we have no fans'. If they hadn't have boycotted the game I bet they'd have bought a MAXIMUM of 50 more... possibly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wasn't commenting on the numbers - you could have heard a pin drop throughout most of the match

Hardly much to cheer about though was there BAG? Bit of a catch22 really, shite football means the crowd won't make a lot of noise which means the team will not be inspired by the atmosphere.

Mar 9, 2008
orient had around 30 "lads" down last year call that a rivalry :dunce:

Our rivalry with Orient was never based on who had the most "lads!" It was more of an on the pitch thing sparked by an incident during the 4-4 draw at the Goldstone. The atmpsohere was pretty tense between the fans in subsequent games, particulalrly at Orient where we would always take a couple of thousand and lose. That was when there was rivalry between the clubs. It faded out as our fortunes changed around. We started getting results against them, got promoted and Orient faded into insignificance.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
never in my life have i considered orient as rivals,portsmouth,palarce yes but not them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here