Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient

Seagull_lover

North Stand'er
Well, well, well. It seems our London brothers have finally come of age. What i saw today was nothing short of a class side. They controlled great patches of the game, and at time made us look like children; it was men against boys! But having said that we were extremely unlucky not to nick it at the end! Their 'keeper made an outstanding save to deny Forster's shot.

The reason i finally decided to join this board was to say this: Why can't we have the fluency and class of teams like Orient. What i saw today was an awe-inspiring game of attacking football from Orient, and i just wish the Albion would follow suit!

So, to finish, my message to Adams and Wilkins is: PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT, maybe even take a leaf out of Orients books.

Goldstone NS87

Aug 30, 2008
I really cant stand Orient, I dislike them almost as much as Palace...it makes me sick to hear that they might be playing well, let alone well against us. So in the interests of preventing myself from crying I shall ignore what you said and pretend we were unlucky..but i agree with one point..PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what has wilkins got to do with it? :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What team was you watching today the ones that played a type of route one, goalkeeper to goalkeeper, or the ones that fiddle farted about and produced nothing at the end. Neither side was very good today and on that showing will not contest the title or promotion.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
the difference between the sides today was that leyton orient played decent passing football and we played boring route 1 football. the similaqrities was that niether of it went anywhere. how can you say they played well? they were worse than us!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
They weren't that good! They probably deserved a 1-0 win against a very poorly performing team in us. Their keeper made 1 save which was pretty much straight at him and looked fat. Boyd and that poof with the white things on his socks looked dangerous at times on the counter attack but other than that our defence was comfortable with them. Their best players I would say were there 2 CBs who played pretty well together. Think you should climb out of Orients backside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could have lost that game 4-1 quite easily, our much vaunted defence about which I've heard so much was caught out totally on at least 4 occasions and with one decent goalscorer like Murray or Forster we would have been embarrased. If we've been riding our luck in the same way over the last 4 games we are likely to end up mid to lower table once the luck changes.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
After a dire 1st half, the game opened up after the break. At last, we tried to go wide but our whole gameplan was to get the ball to Murry & Forster & Orient, like Bristol Rovers, knew the plan and how to counter it.

Orient attacked with the ball on the floor. As our midfield dropped to join the back four, Orient players were able to swarm into the space and so they ofet had 4 or 5 players running at our defence & doing it very well. they always looked the more likely scorers, if only they had a scorer.

We need to be more than just a one trick team because other teams are having no trouble keeping us at bay. Maybe that's why we are a better away team when the home team has the onus to attack.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Orient looked good going forward as we constantly stood off them giving them time and space to stroke it about as well as run at our defence whenever they fancied. No decent finishers in their team though, hence the 0-0 result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here