Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient Signings

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
Might be fixtures.

However was looking in one of the free london papers yesterday and it listed the comings and goings at Orient this summer.

Amongst their signings were Adam Boyd from Luton and Sean Thornton from Doncaster. Two signings that I would have thought would have ideal for us, both on frees and quite frankly if Orient can afford to sign them would have been well within are means.

Have always thought of Thornton as a quality midfielder and exactly the type of player we require in the middle alongside Hammond.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're both very talented, I remember Thornton being Sunderland's best player when we played them a couple of years back. The problem with both is their questionable professionalism. If Orient keep them on the straight and narrow they are two superb signings.

They've also signed Wayne Gray who could've done a job...

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
I knew Thornton was a bit of a nutcase, but didn't know about Boyd. Either way I think its worth a gamble on that type of player, as to be honest don't think El-Abd is a model pro and I think we all know we would rather see lining up in central mid against Crewe.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I knew Thornton was a bit of a nutcase, but didn't know about Boyd. Either way I think its worth a gamble on that type of player, as to be honest don't think El-Abd is a model pro and I think we all know we would rather see lining up in central mid against Crewe.
Boyd's not really a nutcase, just likes the pop a bit too much allegedly, ask any Luton fan about him and they will tell you he is overweight, lazy, no desire etc. Thornton is much the same, as well as being a billy big bollocks (when we played them he was goading Gary Hart about how much he earned... allegedly). Did very little at Doncaster.

As I said they are both gambles, and could go either way for Orient. But I certainly think at least one of them would have been worth a punt.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Interestingly they have also signed JJ Melligan (another talent) who is rumoured to like a few bevvies and is a bit of a chub. Could be fun times down Brisbane Road this year...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would of taken either of them

they've got what we need - a decent midfield. if wayne gray can get the goals, which last seasons form suggests he can, then they could have a decent season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here