Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Especially when you look at who’s got caps ahead of him.
Tarkowski, Micheal Keane, Maguire, Dier.

How he’s only got 1 cap is completely baffling.

Edit: who the hell is Joe Gomez.
And Coady.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No dig at Spurs. Hoddle was probably Englands best player at his peak but wasn’t getting selected in the first team anywhere near enough. Considering Bergkamp (not our one) modelled his game on Hoddle whilst Cruyff couldn’t believe England weren’t building their team around Hoddle, it makes me wonder if there’s a thing with England and avoiding players who aren’t associated with Silverware eg Matt Le Tissier and now Dunk?
When Ireland beat England at Euro 88, Jack Charlton said the player he would’ve feared playing for us was Hoddle. His passing setting our forwards free.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
On your way to WHL for the Abu Dhabi game?
Unfortunately not today (although that will change to ‘fortunately’ come 6.30pm). Away trips to Leicester and Milan in the next 8 days so something had to give.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think he has only got one yellow card all season. He seems to have successfully cut that out of his game.
3 yellows, 2 in the PL (Liverpool (h) and Bournemouth yesterday) plus one against Liverpool in the FA cup. He is so much more disciplined now than in his younger years but that’s to be expected of a player of his talent and experience, a real leader.

Part of the reason Webster came on to close the game out was because both Dunk and Veltman were on yellows yesterday.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
I guess the Nigels will subject him to their slander next week given they were going for it with Greenwood yesterday.. About time the authorities grew a pair and call this out.
They’re just gutted he rejected their contract offer at 12 years old. He chose the bigger and better club

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I guess the Nigels will subject him to their slander next week given they were going for it with Greenwood yesterday.. About time the authorities grew a pair and call this out.
Greenwood I can understand as there's been evidence posted online and the reason he didn't get prosecuted is the victim withdrawing her statements.

Dunk was cleared of all charges.

Big difference.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Especially when you look at who’s got caps ahead of him.
Tarkowski, Micheal Keane, Maguire, Dier.

How he’s only got 1 cap is completely baffling.

Edit: who the hell is Joe Gomez.
f***ing hell, had forgotten about michael keane! If thats the standard then Dunk should have been in every England squad selection

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
@Paxton Dazo do you bet at all? 4/1 on a Spurs win. Abu Dhabi have had patchy form, whilst LFC and Spurs teams have often beaten them in the Guardiola era.
Had a little go on us to win and BTTS at 13/2. Using the winnings from backing Everton at the same price yesterday. :clap:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How amazing would it be to see him pick the FA Cup up for us in May, after 400 plus appearances?

He would literally have been with us from Withdean to Wembley.
He led the team out at Wembley for our FA cup semi final against Man City.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Crawley boy Anti Sussex Southgate will never luck Dunky

One cap wonder it will always be

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I maintain that he is the ONLY Albion figure unifying enough to have a statue built of him when he retires.

If we built Bloom, some would say Dick. If we built Muzza, some would say Ward or Bobby.

I don't think anyone would complain at Lewis being the first Albion player immortalised in stone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As someone who couldn't give a shite about the England football team, I'm delighted he's nowhere near it, risking injury, fatigue or form.

For him, as a professional footballer, it must be gutting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here