Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk- Villa

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Thread about this over on the Villa board. No one is really sure who he is or anything so not one is keen on him in honesty. Courtesy of my reading's here though I do know he has something to offer. Though to be I dont think we are in that desperate need of a centre halve at the moment. Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Clark and Baker has been in his bit for us as well so it does seem like a nothing story. However, was reported AM was in talks of sending Cuellar back to Rangers and with sending him off and bringing in another young talent does make sense.

Good points made above though, if he does want to do whats best for his pro career long term he best stay at Brighton and get the playing time. If he came to Villa he would be a fringe player and only getting a game through injury or with the reserves. First time action with Brighton seems a better option!

Could also be that AM has the same thought process of what we have done with Enda Stevens from Shamrock Rovers. Signed him and right away put him on loan back with Rovers. Only time will tell :guitar:

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Fingers crossed he has an agent as sensible as Bridcutt's and not out for a quick buck like the majority of them.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Where does all this £8=10m come from I would think TB and Gus would snatch anybodys hand off at £5m, probably nearer £3m.

Indeed. Our recent history of not producing youngsters that have gone onto hit the big time will count against us here. Just look at the price Saints got for Chamberlain, there's no way they would have got that had they not produced Bale and Walcott. Can't see Bloom would turn £3m-£5m down for him.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Maybe not but what's he on at Brighton? What would he be on at Villa?

What would Brighton get for him? What could they do with that in terms of bringing in one or two more?

Football's a business for the clubs and a career for the players - no room for sentiment, (generally) - if the numbers added up for player and club it'd happen

on the noggin.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
[MENTION=1198]RobynTalkSPORT[/MENTION] (newsreader Robyn Schonhofer BHA fan) tweeted about it last week. Glenn Roeder is a scout for Villa and watched the Sunderland game and will be watching v Liverpool too.

I do hope Gus rests Dunk against Liverpool.
1 - He's on four yelllow cards, the next Yellow could rule him out of the Leeds or Palarse games - which are more vital in my opinion.
2 - If he has a good game and marks out Andy Carroll (which won't be difficult judging yesterdays performance by the Geordie Gypo), that will only increase his allready growing reputation.
3 - He's played every minute of each game so far this season, in his first 'proper' season as a pro, all but a few appearances last season. A rest will keep him sharp for Dirty Leeds on Friday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would think TB and Gus would snatch anybodys hand off at £5m, probably nearer £3m.

Why? We'd be hard pushed to adequately replace him for that. It's not about the quick buck survival fund anymore. There's no rush to sell Dunk, he's a young player just starting out on his career. His value will only go up.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Why is it always bloody villa who take our top young talent!!

such as........................

and Gareth Barry wsn't technically ours (never played for BHAFC at any level) for Villa to pay over a million for, but hey ho..........

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I do hope Gus rests Dunk against Liverpool.
1 - He's on four yelllow cards, the next Yellow could rule him out of the Leeds or Palarse games - which are more vital in my opinion.
2 - If he has a good game and marks out Andy Carroll (which won't be difficult judging yesterdays performance by the Geordie Gypo), that will only increase his allready growing reputation.
3 - He's played every minute of each game so far this season, in his first 'proper' season as a pro, all but a few appearances last season. A rest will keep him sharp for Dirty Leeds on Friday.

If he's on four yellows already, we might as well let him play and take the suspension as soon as we can.

The Liverpool game is not the most important (atlho it is the most mouth watering)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Due to this age, we shouldn't be letting Dunk go on the cheap, he could have a massiv future in front of him and I'd be very diasppointed if it was something like 1-2 million pounds. He's worth much more because of his age.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? We'd be hard pushed to adequately replace him for that. It's not about the quick buck survival fund anymore. There's no rush to sell Dunk, he's a young player just starting out on his career. His value will only go up.

I would think that for £3m- £5m we could easily replace Dunk not with an up and coming prospect but an experieneced defender as good as him but obviously not with as long a future as him. In fact I would think that we could probably buy 2 players for £5m.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
for a young CB, £3-4million at most. It's attacking players that go for the big bucks. We got £5million for Bale, can't see you that in all honesty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here