Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m not so sure.

I think we have the luxury to take this to the last day of the transfer window as long as we don’t loan out Clarke.

I think we’re seeing the club holding out for a massive fee.

The problem is, how do we balance the books in the meantime, the club might well need to spend the £40m - £50m Dunk money prior to it hitting our bank accounts, if Chelsea go for another target, we’re going to be left hanging.

A) The club will never look at it like that. They want Lewis to stay

B) We will sell other players in this window

C) The club may not choose to buy big in the summer. The point of the academy is to reduce the need for this, year on year.

D) Even if you were right and we were overbudget by £50m until the next load of prem money at the end of the season ... borrowing is cheap and Tony's credit rating is good

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m not so sure.

I think we have the luxury to take this to the last day of the transfer window as long as we don’t loan out Clarke.

I think we’re seeing the club holding out for a massive fee.

The problem is, how do we balance the books in the meantime, the club might well need to spend the £40m - £50m Dunk money prior to it hitting our bank accounts, if Chelsea go for another target, we’re going to be left hanging.

So you are agreeing.

My point is such that we can’t spend £50m we don’t have ... we just aren’t that club.

So we have to wait until we know it’s secured before we can go out and spend ...... which if it’s at the end of the window we won’t see full benefit of..... because deals will need to be forced (which normally means overpaying in either fee or wages).

Position wise you are correct in that we could easily hold out till the end of the window because we are so well stocked in that position. But in regards to making the most of the fee and using it correctly and effectively we would need the business done in the next week or so I reckon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we stop referring to her as a "girl" or even bring her sex into it. It makes us look pretty shit and there is enough to disagree with the badly done article without dragging us back to the seventies.

Yes - this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why?! She is a girl. Don’t bring that PC bollocks into something that isn’t needed. Female = girl = women = lady = same thing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could we stop referring to the seventies as if it was a bad decade please. I quite enjoyed them as the world was a much safer place back then. Plus we had space hoppers, Mousetrap and fondue.

And Subbuteo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why?! She is a girl.

This isn't Brighton or the values of our club. We don't have a "girls" team and quite right too.
Regardless of the merits of the Argus and their stories in the last week, then its archaic and disrespectful stuff.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
**** me some want to hug a tree so tightly they’ll pick up on anything these days :lol:

Ok I retract girl - ‘shit young journalist female who clearly doesn’t understand sports journalism and thinks she can search the internet for stories which she wasn’t taught to do on her poncy journalist degree’. Far better :thumbsup:

Anyway - The boy Owen is back now so should get some better stories.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why?! She is a girl. Don’t bring that PC bollocks into something that isn’t needed. Female = girl = women = lady = same thing.

Yeah SHEEBO you 70’s knuckledragger!

In fact you’re too good for the 70’s , you’re from the 50’s , still drinking your frothy coffee down the Lyceum !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This isn't Brighton or the values of our club. We don't have a "girls" team and quite right too.
Regardless of the merits of the Argus and their stories in the last week, then its archaic and disrespectful stuff.

Erm we do have a girls team but whatever suits your agenda. Thanks for telling me the values of our club - glad you’re still the spokesman - or spokesboy / spokesgirl / spokesperson.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah SHEEBO you 70’s knuckledragger!

In fact you’re too good for the 70’s , you’re from the 50’s , still drinking your frothy coffee down the Lyceum !

Would love to see these people cope with a night down the pub with normal people :lol: I’m so offensive :facepalm:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Would love to see these people cope with a night down the pub with normal people :lol: I’m so offensive :facepalm:

I’m always baffled that if you don’t tow the woke wet blanket line on here you’re either from the 50’s or 70’s

I’m always baffled why the 60’s gets off so lightly

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’m always baffled that if you don’t tow the woke wet blanket line on here you’re either from the 50’s or 70’s

i thought "woke" meant something different..:shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Don't bother, now the boy's back we're getting better reporting.

And I should qualify Brian is a friend and I was a boy myself when we became friends as we went to school together.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
EXCUSE ME, are you Neanderthals ASSUMING their GENDER?

*Summoned my inner Ernest there*

Yep - she may not be a girl or a boy or a male or female she may be FLUID (don’t make a fluid joke about her sheebo don’t don’t don’t - not even a facial one they’ll get offended stop stop stop bite that tongue humour is dead stop)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Isn't it that if you can remember the 60's you weren't there?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Don't bother, now the boy's back we're getting better reporting.

And I should qualify Brian is a friend and I was a boy myself when we became friends as we went to school together.

As he's your friend, could you ask him to stop putting the word 'admit' before every quote from a player (as in "Lewis admitted he enjoyed scoring the winning goal")? It was what finally tipped me over the edge when it came to reading the Argus.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Hippy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here