Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes WILL play Kingstonian! - If you can't get to Wrexham go to the Dripping Pan

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'm off to catch the bus soon. I'll be at the pan, enjoying a pint mid-game. Donned in a Roma shirt but given the weather i'll be wearing my Puma jacket. Come on you Rooks! You can stick your Ryman league up your arse!

Stendahl

May 5, 2004
1-0 to Lewes

Are we mad ? Did we not read the script?
Did we not understand it, challenge it, win that challenge and within 24 hours host as tense a game as you'll ever see ?

Crawley - Lewes - A.N.Other

Join us for the best Sussex showing ever

PS Little Lewes in the Conference ?????
151 league & cup goals this season - Are we mad :p

Last edited:

Nov 3, 2003
was talk on SCR by Ian Hart that they wont allow Lewes in Conf south coz grass banks! hope thats not case or they get the concrete mixer out as on my 1st ever visit to dripping pan (anyone know why called this) i thought they thoroughly deserved victory Kingston were outta game for all but 1st 20 or so mins, excellent cross met by super header for goal, crowd just over 1000 and the:dunce: Hart says that isnt good enough well considering spoke to couple different Lewes regulars and they both had fans in Bedford unable to get back in time! What a balls up the fixture was no wonder crowd was lower you :dunce: Hart (u r so obvious pro bias to Worthing try keeping up with the news!), had there been more notice i feel crowd could been 2000 and if any Stweards at Lewes thinking taking up full time forget it try keeping gangways clear for starters.

Good to get on the pitch at end and be thanked for my support by one lewes players admitted id never been before but felt a total injustice in way game had been handled and they had been expected to play so much football in so few days all this considering it was well worth going even if the bar area was well packed! Next time Ferggie or Arseuphisen Wengger complain about too many games think of the players from non league who are expevcted to do all this and without the expertise the professionals get!

A good day for Sussex fooytball and remember Harty there are other teams outside Worthing in non-league sussex football and id expect your airwaves to cover the teams in seniority over your beloved Worthing i.e. more of the Eastbourne/Lewes/ Bognor/Crawley and your Woodside rd boys should be playing second fiddle to that lot these other teams got to where they are on merit over course of season. Well done Lewes im sure i shall be back some time in future to check them out again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So Lewes are just two divisions from league football and just one below the likes of Carlisle, York, Hereford & Shrewsbury. Marvelous scenes indeed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Simster said:
So Lewes are just two divisions from league football and just one below the likes of Carlisle, York, Hereford & Shrewsbury. Marvelous scenes indeed.

In a few years time we could be having local derby matches with Crawley and Lewes!

Well.. the north has enough teams!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Am i right in thinking the Conference season has always started a week in advance of the league season?...

Providing this new format follows those lines wouldn't it be great if lots of Albion fans went to Lewes's first game, home or away.

:)

Nov 3, 2003
yes i think u r right trigger though odd that as the games finish week earlier and yes wood be great if Lewes got a good turn out - the derby game vs Eastbourne should i wood thought attract a good size at both grounds well in excess of 1000

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here