Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Mansfield (at their "spartan south coast back yard"

I thought the Dripping Pan was a decent non-League ground. Despite the possible loss of any points earned today (by Lewes folding), MTFC have taken the game very seriously by travelling down on Friday night. This is the preview in our local rag:

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Curtis Woodhouse is also a pro boxer;)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Crawley lost today 1-0 to Oxford. They are still in P/offs tho

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And Butters injured before he even kicked a ball, rumour has it he did it picking up a pie.

KEEHAN OUT

I spoke to Guy before the game, he has a broken hand, just had the metal pin taken out, so not fit to play. He also ate one of my chips if that helps.

The game was OK, as entertaining as most have been at Withdean this year. Lewes look forlorn a lot of the time, but there are dashes of ability, I think they just need a bit of luck, and some improvement in tactics (is this where the problem lies?)

Mansfiled fans were excellent, chatty, knowledgable, humble too, when you consider last season they were in the league, and last season Lewes were in BSS, they had a laugh, and chant of the day;

Oh Tomi Ameobi
Oh Tomi Ameobi
Oh Tomi Ameobi
Knees bent
Cocks out
Ra Ra Ra

Sadly you cant drink your beer on the terrace anymore, but the catering is spot on, far far better than anything on offer at Withdean. It will be shame when the inevitable happens at the end of the season, KK is not popular with large sections of the crowd, perhaps the team is better off in the league below till it sorts itself out financially. Good luck to them for the rest of the season, good luck to Guy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think Lewes will be better off in the lower division, then they can sell drinks during the match again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mansfield's scorer was aleft back who seems to have been around the lower leagues for years Paul Mayo.

Would Lewes be a good job for somebody like Guy Butters or Danny Cullip to start in mangement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here