Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Eastbourne Borough

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Lewes blew it big time. Steve King blames the ref for adding on too much injury time - I would blame his defence for backing off!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Lewes should have been more professional at the end, marked up and cleared the ball. Good game and a good crowd (~2,300). Draw probably fair. Eastbourne's "hardcore" kiddy fans were quite amusing. They almost made our singing section look hard...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silly time to make changes, when Eastbourne had an attacking free kick. Lewes only have themselves to blame for turning over possession too easily in the closing stages. Enjoyable, but they ran out of Harveys and there were a few Eastbourne planks trying to incite a riot.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silly time to make changes, when Eastbourne had an attacking free kick. Lewes only have themselves to blame for turning over possession too easily in the closing stages. Enjoyable, but they ran out of Harveys and there were a few Eastbourne planks trying to incite a riot.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Steve King also mentioned "the goal that wasn't given that crossed the line" - I was stood at the mound end and did an Arsene Wenger and missed it - did anyone else see it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
steve king is a twat - its NEVER his fault, and he is one of those idiots who seems to abuse officials after EVERY game

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Booth scored both for Lewes - the first was a pen.

Unfortunately, Lewes stopped playing with about 15 left and tried to shut up shop. No need, but they paid for it.

There were some EB idiots standing in front of me who were using homophobic chants and totally unnecessary swearing when there were lots of kids around. You know the sort, not really interested in the footie just out for a 'coach' day out and happy to give it large to women and young kids. One knobber in particular appeared to be the coach driver.

PG

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
the equaliser was in the 93rd minute but Conroy took 2 minutes to leave the field after being sent off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here