Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes player ratings

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
1-0 to Brighton, Elphick.

My verdict:

May (GK) Saved a penalty although it was very poor. Made some good saves and can kick well. But is too small and cannot come for crosses.

Breach (RB) Solid game and showed some good touches.

Elphick (CB) Tap in made up for missing a free header from three yards. Looked very solid. Built like a brick shit house and looked very excited when Dean White told him to clatter Lewes' number 12.

Lynch (CB) Also very solid, although perhaps not as good as Elphick. We have another two good young centre backs.

Jones (LB) Too slow getting back. Will not be back in first team contention with performances like that.

Hart (RM) A shadow of his former self. Should have scored with a shot at the end but smashed it across the goal when he had so much time.

Budd (CM) Never stopped running. Very small. Jury is still out on him.

Reid (CM) Looked uninterested. Should have scored when through on goal but too slow and did not show a goalscoring instinct.

Jarrett (LM) Needed to be told what to do a lot by Dean White. No use beating a man 9 times and then losing the ball. Is certainly not a 90 minutes player and I am still not convinced by him.

McPhee (CF) Did ok. Went off injured. He had a brace on his leg and was walking on crutches. Hope it is not serious.

Molango (CF) Lacks confidence. Not the player he was in pre season. Kept drifting offside and had to be shouted at a lot by Dean White. Doesn't seem to have a clue at the moment.

Subs: Robinson (for McPhee) Best player on the pitch. Looked very sharp and was unlucky not to score.

Watson (Ben) Didn't have time to do anything.

Fillery (Unused)

A very poor game. Funniest thing was Bob Booker going ballistic at the fourth official who was trying to make McPhee put a tracksuit top on while sitting on the bench being treated.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That looks like a fair assessment to me.

I was disappointed with Molango tonight. He looked far better preseason and seems to have lost himself.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
fatboy said:
1-0 to Brighton, Elphick.

My verdict:

Elphick (CB) looked very excited when Dean White told him to clatter Lewes' number 12.

:lolol: :lolol:

Hope it's not too bad about McPhee though

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
McPhee injury looks serious.

He left the ground on crutches.

I think we will find out more on Wednesday.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
thought you were a little unfair on jonah had a solid game and gave albert a lot of support but apart from that a decent assesment fatboy.was impressed with lynch he looks a very good prospect and along with elphick and breech ( who was playing out of position at full back) looked very solid.chris may made some decent saves and is not afraid to come of his line at any sight of danger but his height is always gonna count against him and it was promosing to see a back 5 of which 4 (may,lynch,breech and elphick) are still youth teamers keeping a clean sheet.mcphee showed glimpses without ever really looking threatening but maheta looked poor.on this showing OGH days have got to be numbered did very little to push for a 1st team recall and albert needs 2 learn how to use the ball when he gets into a promosing position cos at the moment he just waste's it.

Jul 7, 2003
Ditchling
The announcer at the Dripping Pan said it was an own goal. From where I was it looked as if the keeper went for the ball from the corner and dropped it into the back of the net. I'm sure a Swiss referee would have disallowed it!:angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sully's Moustache said:
The announcer at the Dripping Pan said it was an own goal. From where I was it looked as if the keeper went for the ball from the corner and dropped it into the back of the net. I'm sure a Swiss referee would have disallowed it!:angry:

The keeper dropped it on the line and then to make things worse seemed to not know where he had dropped the ball and was looking the wrong way.

Elphick then smashed the ball in from the line.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
saltash seagull said:
he looks a very good prospect and along withbreech ( who was playing out of position at full back)

Is he a centre back too? I thought he was.

He looked more like a full back though as he was nowhere near as big and strong as Elphick and Lynch. He is older as well isn't he?

It is a bit of a worry that we are going to end up with too many defenders and no midfielders or attackers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought they were all piss poor, the only one to come out of the game with any credit was May.

Jarret needs to learn to pass and they all need to be taught how to control a football.

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
i think you're forgetting Jakey, who came on and looked pretty nifty - let's call it light at the end of the tunnel after the miserable overall performance

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
fatboy said:
Is he a centre back too? I thought he was.

He looked more like a full back though as he was nowhere near as big and strong as Elphick and Lynch. He is older as well isn't he?

It is a bit of a worry that we are going to end up with too many defenders and no midfielders or attackers.
when i saw the youth team last season breach was playing centre back and captain and looked a great prospect good on the ball.he;s in his 3rd and last year of his apprenticeship which would mean he's 18 coming on 19 and time 2 make an impression where as lynch must be in his 1st year.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
saltash seagull said:
and time 2 make an impression where as lynch must be in his 1st year.

He is. And was chosen for the first team squad ahead of Elphick (y3), Breach (Y3) and Mountford (Y2).

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
you would never have gueesed watching last night he was 2 tears younger than breech and elphick.wat do they feed our schoolboys on?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Desert Orchid said:
I've now heard three players - Elphick, Lynch and McPhee - credited with the goal.
according to the offical website it was mcphee and that's who i thought had scored

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here