Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes FC - Corner Turned ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are currently 2 - 0 up away to Salisbury so will their fortunes finally change ?

There seems to be little point in Lewes "turning the corner" if they go into administration - which is now looking certain.

Even if they survive financially and reach 20th in the table, they'll still get relegated, because they can't raise the money to fund the upgrading of the Dripping Pan - without this, they won't be allowed another season in the Conference Premier.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
Seconded. Maybe a good idea to see them relegated? At least the provincials will be able to enjoy Harveys on the terraces once more. On second thoughts...

why do you want to see them relegated, watching conference football when the Albion are away in the outer beyond is a bloody good alternative.

I would love it if they stayed up, some of the negative twats on their forum would be suicidal if they did.

They are currently 2 - 0 up away to Salisbury so will their fortunes finally change ?

No, And I hope not, as they are providing the Worthing Forum with much to laugh at.

"The Wheels on your house go round and round" :lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I heard last week that Keehan was ringing up his business mates and asking them all to donate £100 to help save the club - thats pretty desperate stuff

Yeah, as I know they BOTH told him to fcuk off

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hate seeing any football club go to the wall whoever they may be,we cant really blame Lewes Fc for the grief we have suffered if i had a spare 5 grand id probably donate it, i have a long memory and we as a club were a whisker away from being in the situation that Lewes find themselves in,im prob in the minority in my way of thinking,but i guess thats what these pages are for.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hate seeing any football club go to the wall whoever they may be,we cant really blame Lewes Fc for the grief we have suffered if i had a spare 5 grand id probably donate it, i have a long memory and we as a club were a whisker away from being in the situation that Lewes find themselves in,im prob in the minority in my way of thinking,but i guess thats what these pages are for.

our financial woes were bought on by an entirely different set of circumstances though - the lewes situation, certainly in the money they spent getting to this level, is more similar to leeds than it is to us

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If a team enters itself into a season of football, it can only really have one ambition, to do as well as possible, in Lewes case they did so well they got promoted.

OK, it would appear some iffy decisions were taken re the manager, and board etc, but they were done with the best interests of the club at heart.

And now, after realising their potential from last seaosn, the financial burdon has done for them. It is a great shame really, but it is not really fair for us, fans of another club, to seek pleasure from their misfortune, any more than we expected many other clubs to support us when in our hour of need, even Palace fans didn't want us out of business/league.

I think the Lewes fans should do what we did, get behind the team and support them out of the problems they are in. The board/management can be sorted out later, as it was with the Albion.

There seems to be little point in Lewes "turning the corner" if they go into administration - which is now looking certain.

Even if they survive financially and reach 20th in the table, they'll still get relegated, because they can't raise the money to fund the upgrading of the Dripping Pan - without this, they won't be allowed another season in the Conference Premier.

Won't they be allowed to share with Eastbourne, or even us? Ground-sharing is rife in the feeder leagues.

Irrespective of the ground upgrading issue (which won't matter if they get relegated to Conference South), Lewes have a problem finding the money to avoid going into administration. About £100,000 is all that is needed, but no donors are coming forward.

If they do go into administration (which looks likely) and can't get out of it by next summer, they get relegated a further step - into the Ryman Premier League.

They have problems raising funds for a variety of reasons - two of them being the unpopularity of Martin Elliott in Lewes and the circumstances that gave rise to Kevin Keehan being appointed manager earlier this year.

It doesn't help that some Lewes supporters see Keehan's appointment as being some sort of 'Brighton takeover' of their club (which it obviously isn't, but that doesn't stop the stories circulating). An offer to groundshare at Withdean would be the final straw!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here