Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes fans..

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He'd have a job...it's shut down so i hear !!!

So let's put this into perspective. Lewes is a town that's not traditionally known for it's football. It's full of middle class, ale drinking wierdo liberals who have more disposable income than they know what to do with.

I do believe Lewes has a population of around 10,000 people.

Now Brighton has a reputation for having had a reasonable football team in the past.....the only league club in Sussex for many a year (and still are if you don't include the conference)

Now Brighton has a population of around 250,000

So that's 25 times more than Lewes. In reletive terms, Brighton should've taken 275 supporters to Wrexham.

Don't think that would've happened do you ?

Don't know about Chelsea but he played for Charlton for a while
thas him

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why has this thread been moved? And where has it gone??

EDIT: I came through on the "Are you sure Keehan?" thread. I assume it has in fact been merged, not moved as it says it has.

I am confused

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
I think you're missing the point, Reverend Cardinal. Lewes won promotion and the directors sacked the manager and got rid of almost all the players. They have appointed a manager who can't do the job, who has recruited players who haven't got the ability to compete at this level and the promised investment in an upgrading of the ground is nowhere to be seen.

The fans feel that they and their club have been shafted by the Board. Most of the fans are now not showing up to matches.

This thread is simply monitoring - and commenting on - what is a disastrous situation for supporters that deserve better.

Fair play, m'lud.

Happy to place Mr Elliott and his evil cronies on the pyre on Wednesday. What shall we do with him? BURN HIM.

We took many more than that the last time I went.

AND we did a half-way decent SACK THE BOARD protest.

Yes, you did take more, and yes, Brighton fans helped get the very first protest against our (then) corrupt property developing chairman off the ground.
We were a bit quiet, you lot got the chant going, and our fans joined in.
Many thanks

BTW - I think the official figures given out for Lewes was 16 away fans.
Including one couple with a toddler, fair play to them!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Guess how many Brighton took to Everton in the old 1st Division Saturday in September 1982 during the last serious recession?

PG

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We took many more than that the last time I went.

AND we did a half-way decent SACK THE BOARD protest.

We were on our way to the play-offs at the time though, and it was the "last game of the season" had it not been for the play-offs.

Was a grand day (weekend for me) out, though, only spoilt by coming back on the Sunday and running into a load of Palace numpties on the M40.

From today's Argus:-

Fresh doubts over Keehan's future

8:30am Wednesday 5th November 2008

By Howard Griggs

Doubts still surround the future of Lewes manager Kevin Keehan.

Keehan survived an emergency board meeting on Monday despite calls for him to be sacked.

It is understood he was asked to resign, which he refused, and the club were not prepared to force the issue.

However, there were fresh moves yesterday morning from within the club to persuade chief executive Martin Elliott to remove Keehan as manager.

This prompted a delay in a statement being released explaining the main discussions of Monday’s meeting, particularly the club’s precarious financial position.

Rumours spread yesterday that the club were going into administration, something which they have denied.

At the same time former manager Steven King – who many fans wanted to return to the helm – was unveiled as the new boss of fellow Blue Square premier strugglers Northwich.

In an amazing day, there were also suggestions that a consortium who wanted to reinstate King as manager in the summer had been tentatively approached about making a new offer.

King, who would still be their preferred choice as manager, has always wanted to return to the job which was taken away from him after winning the Blue Square south title in April.

However, he has been out of work since then and Northwich was an offer he could not turn down.

King said: “I’m excited about the challenge. It’s a tough one, but I’m not phased.

“I’ve turned down six or seven offers since I left Lewes because none of them felt right to me. This time it’s different.”

King will be joined at Northwich by former Lewes No. 2 Justin Skinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here