Lewes District Council deceive the people - Episode 94

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
and the REAL photo, as you can see untouched by the hand of man
:shootself

Campus2.jpg

There's only one problem with that aerial photo, BoF ...

The stadium site is so far away from Falmer Village that much of it is actually off the left hand side of the picture.

:lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lewes LibDem DC are liars who have no real love of the landscape they claim to cherish. Not wishing to sound parochial but they get a lot of their support from people who've moved to Sussex and don't know the stadium site.

Lord B
This would surely interest the Labour and Conservative (desperate to boot the LibDems out of Tory territory) party HQs.

When will Baker and DeVecchi stop lying?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone thought of building the stadium at Devil's Dyke, that natural punchbowl could the ideal place to conceal the stadium.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lord Bracknell said:
There's only one problem with that aerial photo, BoF ...

The stadium site is so far away from Falmer Village that much of it is actually off the left hand side of the picture.

:lolol:

Quite!!

I used to drive past the site everyday during my stint at Southern Water and I must say, I was absolutely speechless at the sheer beauty of the area. The majestic A27 winding through the Downs heartland, the quaint sound of the trains and the captivating hum and buzz of the motor cars. I would put my neck on the line and compare it to the unspoilt Cloudforests of Ecuador, or the rolling sand dunes of Fraser Island. An untapped gem of Sussex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mona said:
When will Baker and DeVecchi stop lying?

That will be in the last week in September 2006, round about the same time thousands of Albion fans march on the Lib Dem conference and show them up for the self-centred NIMBYs they are, in a political-career-ending fashion.

Don't get mad, get even.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The more I think about this, the more I come to the conclusion that this could be quite big! Whoever sanctioned the printing of the doctored picture, and the inclusion of a misleading picture of Ditchling Beacon, should be made accountable. For example, LDC's code of conduct states (amongst many other things) that:

"Members should not place themselves in situations where their honesty and integrity may be questioned, should not behave improperly and should on all occasions avoid the appearance of such behaviour."

Thus, not only do LDC members have to behave properly, but they have to be SEEN to be behaving properly.

So, is LDC going to blame Liz Lacon, the editor of the magazine, or is someone going to put their hands up and take responsibility?

Surely this is also an opportunity for the Tories and Independents on LDC to make some political capital....the clock is ticking down to the May 2007 elections, and it's about time the LibDem's scurrilous activities in relation to Falmer were capitalised on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a total disgrace, I hope someone is held to account for this bit of nonsense.

Thank heavens I do not live in the Lewes area, I really do dread to think what I might have done or said to the council after this latest stunt.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Giant Seagull said:
and the REAL photo, as you can see untouched by the hand of man
:shootself

Campus2.jpg

Well as long as they aren't putting the stadium anywhere near that yellow field on the left of the picture I don't mind. That would just spoil the feeling of the whole area.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Illiberal Undemocratic Frauds should be forced to make a public apology for this latest lie.
Isn't this worth starting a letter/e-mail campaign for!

Dear Inert Bore (Menzies Campbell)
Are you aware.................................

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
One more piece of disgraceful behaviour by these people who are hell bent on stopping the Stadium, and killing our football club AT ANY COST.

But it's all very well us all saying "tut tut this is really very naughty", and another making sure that this comes out and comes back to haunt them.

As Jim says, doctoring a photo to try and prove or disprove a point is a serious issue.

HOW CAN WE MAKE THE MOST OF THIS?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two points that spring to mind:

1. Suggesting Tory / Labour politicians "get involved to turn it into a political football" is wrong. They are all as bad as each other, and none of the parties has done much to help the club, despite having the opportunity and power to do so.

They couldn't give a f*** and are just as likely to do something against the clubs interest at a later date.

2. The story is clearly of local interest but suggesting the national press would be interested at this stage is ludicrous.

The club and its supporters need to make LDC residents aware that the LDC are grossly distorting the truth and funding it with taxpayers money.

I'd suggest a full-page ad in a prominent local paper, the cost to be funded by donations from NSC. Then we'd actually be involved in fighting this evil, rather than plain moaning on this board. I'd happily write a cheque for £10.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Pavilionaire said:
I'd suggest a full-page ad in a prominent local paper, the cost to be funded by donations from NSC. Then we'd actually be involved in fighting this evil, rather than plain moaning on this board. I'd happily write a cheque for £10.
Wouldn't the Argus do it for nothing as they are in favour of the stadium? After all, it is news, we are not advetising.

Pavilionaire said:
It's difficult to see what a full-page paid advertisement in the Argus would achieve that hasn't already been achieved by a full page news story in the Argus - other than exposing ourselves to a possible accusation by LDC that we are so desperate to get our message across that we are having to pay to do so.

I fully expect other local media to pick the story up from the Argus. That is the best way to get people thinking - yet again - about how deceitful LDC are being.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Good use of the freedom of information act should provide:-

1. The cost of LDC producing and distributing this leaflet. (to add to the already high legal costs)

2. The process that led to the decision to use these photos. (interesting to see whose names crop up in emails / meeting minutes)

I'm sure someone more well versed in the use of this act will be able to confirm, and advise on how to go about requesting this information.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Superseagull said:
Good use of the freedom of information act should provide:-

1. The cost of LDC producing and distributing this leaflet. (to add to the already high legal costs)

2. The process that led to the decision to use these photos. (interesting to see whose names crop up in emails / meeting minutes)

I'm sure someone more well versed in the use of this act will be able to confirm, and advise on how to go about requesting this information.

You would struggle to get copies of emails since you can only have access to structured files. However you should be able to get the facts behind who agreed the proof of the pictures or at least whose job it was. However I would expect that this would just be a council worker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here