Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes D.C and South Downs Society to appeal

Sep 15, 2006
a) Even if they weren't a charity, they'd still have access to "private finance". All companies do. What's your point?

b) As LB says, they don't have enough

c) Money is irrelevant - they have to have grounds to appeal. They can't take it to court on the basis of "it's just wrong". There has to be a flaw in the decision.

d) You're wrong, please hurry up and admit it now - everything you've said so far has been absolute toss, what makes you think you have a chance of convincing anyone?

e) You're a prick

f) :falmer:

g) And another one - we've already got £millions from SEEDA, there's your headstart. Why worry about the rest?

Nema calling is so infantile you wanker

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Am I right in saying that if an appeal did take place then the appeal, if the judge did think the opponents of the stadium were just wasting time and had no real grounds for appeal, could in fact not even let it get to court?

i would imagine it would get thrown out at the preliminary hearing stage

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm no expert , just hated what this women said on scr , almost cocky in the fact they will appeal as building on aonb + sets precedent , I did read report and it did concern me a bit that the new aonb hasnt been determined and could be delayed until they decide new boundaries ie up for debate.

Maybe I'm wrong , just my interpratation, please someone who heard this as well re-assure me

My view was that she really hadn't been there and said that an appeal by them alone 'was an option'.. but she sounded WELL out of her depth. Daft bint!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The latter have use of private finance as they are a charity....
The maximum the delay could cause is another two years. Thats assuming Dick not and Martin Perry have the financial clout to find the millions that will be needed to build the stadium at Waterhall, sorry falmer.
Me, I quite like withdean, a certain ambience to it, ah well looks like we'll be there for another 5 years at least.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

You sad f***ing nimby **** .
We got falmer We got Falmer We got Falmer

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mods - Can't you just ban this village idiot. He's only gonna keep coming on here and piss people off!
Naa. He actually performs a useful function. When you're planning for the future, trying to predict trends etc, there are two types of analyst who are useful. One is someone who gets it right (almost) every time. They are obviously useful as their advice can be followed. Lord B. falls into this category. But just as useful are people who get it wrong every time - they are useful because you can take their advice and bet against it. Mr Ego is a member of this group; check out his other posts, especially his thread about how there was going to be some huge obstacle to Falmer and that Waterhall was going to be looked at again.

So rest assured that the South Downs Society will not be appealing as they do not have the finance to do so. We know that for a fact as Mr Ego (what an appropriate name) has said the opposite. LDC may well appeal, but we knew that anyway. That's just JBE's 'get out' claim so that he can say he was partly right.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Just thought i'd bounce this PEARLER of a thread back up the board in light of a certain date being passed. JBE do you want to give us any more cast-iron facts? Maybe your gloomy predictions for this season? Some more belters that we can file alongside:
Nicky Forster has a serious long-term injury.
72% of the population of Susex voted against Falmer in a mysterious poll.
South Downs Society has a lot of private finance.
Waterhall is going to be looked at as the location for our new stadium.
Brian Talbot & Steve Claridge are going to be our new managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here