Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Bonfire

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Littlehampton is pretty good if you want a non-bigoted, friendly (except the pubs and the local gals) family entertainment.
We have been searching for the Littlehampton palace kiddy who is usually on here in order to throw him on the seafront bonfire to add to the overall sparkle of the event.
Nothing like lazing on the beach with the flames shining of the sea at midnight.

D

Deleted User X18H

At least people in Newhaven aren't the kind of pretentious, up their own arse snobs that Lewes (in itself, a very nice town) is infested with.

:)

Why would they be? I mean come on!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Going back to one of the questions about availability of taxis - anyone know if this is a reasonable suggestion for getting out of Lewes at the end? Think it might be worth paying a bit extra to avoid the queues at the train station. Where's the best place to get a taxi from at the end - considering road closures etc?

Traffic flows freely along the bypass and through the Cuilfail Tunnel - so I guess a taxi might be capable of picking people up at the northern end of the tunnel. The taxi ranks in Lewes are either at the station or in the High Street. These roads are closed until the end of the celebrations, though.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Most people arrange pick ups from the Esso garage near the tunnel... there is no left turn from the tunnel coming into Lewes after 5pm until 2am. Other road closures are no left turn into Lewes from Kingston roundabout and Offham service station A275 (Now closed down).

If you decide to drive then parking is available at Lower Stoneham Farm £3-5 I think the cost is (just past Earwig Corner A26) with a shuttle bus P+R scheme operating to drop people near the tunnel.

Hope this helps.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Anyone know when they reopen the roads? Was thinking of getting there before the roads close and park at a friend's house near the prison, off Brighton Road. But would I be able to leave Lewes via the A27 at around 11:00 or 12:00?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Anyone know when they reopen the roads? Was thinking of getting there before the roads close and park at a friend's house near the prison, off Brighton Road. But would I be able to leave Lewes via the A27 at around 11:00 or 12:00?

Nope 2am roads re open!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Road closes at 5 and reopens at 12

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I am going to Lewes Bonfire and I am getting laid. that is all.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

Despite those roads being closed, I would have thought you would be allowed to LEAVE Lewes at that time, especially as you're virtually out of town anyway there.
My mum and dad live round there too, and whenever I've been down for Bonfire Night, I've seen cars leaving from that area at that time of night.
I would advise you to have a quiet word with the police officers patrolling the 'roadblock' and check with them that you'll be allowed to leave. Can't see it being a problem, mate.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can't decide whether to go to Lewes, Hove cricket ground or Nevill park.

Saturday is meant to be a complete wash out as well...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't decide whether to go to Lewes, Hove cricket ground or Nevill park.

Saturday is meant to be a complete wash out as well...

While not the cheapest at least the money as the cricket ground goes to help local charities :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Stay away....any outsiders are not welcome. It's a bit like JCL's going to the Amex. Keep away....you've been warned.

However if you do come in....head for Commercial square bonfire, my garden backs onto the fire site. Most fireworks start at 10 ish....it has been as late as 11 in the past.

All the displays are free except Cliffe so waterloo and commercial sq are free. As it's on a saturday this year, i'd advise anyone to get into Lewes early....2pm onwards and plan your escape if you're coming by train or bus.

Good luck
you live in Stansfield road then ?

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
If Lewes is too mental for some, then why not try East Hoathly on Saturday 12th? Same bonfire societies, easier to get beered up, just as impressive bonfire and, dare I say, better fireworks display. Perhaps not quite as big as it was in it's heyday (70's/80's) but still a special night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here