Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope we don't have to go to our 2nd on the list, look what happened last summer with Cucur.... Oh, as you were :wink:
We have gone a bit Leeds over Colwill. However, unlike Leeds, we'll have had a contingency list of left-side centre backs put together since the January window closed - none of whom any of us had heard of.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Given also that Chelsea (owned by Clearlake, who have heavy investment from Saudi backers) and currently negotiating to sell at least SIX of their problematic wage earners (Koulibaly, Kante, Aubameyang, Lukaku, Ziyech and potentially Mendy) to Saudi backed clubs for insane fees and wages, it's not going to be a huge surprise if the urgency of their money issues starts to decline somewhat.

[Legal disclaimer: State-backed Saudi clubs, Saudi investment in Chelsea and the Saudi PIF are not linked in any way, and as a result any linkages can be considered purely coincidental and should be ignored immediately]

As a result of that, the slim chance of us getting Colwill will take an even further blow if the pressure to raise capital mysteriously goes away. As I've said before, we need to stop being so "Leeds" about Colwill. If he comes, he comes but, as things stand, he's no longer a Brighton player and becomes one of several irons we have in the fire.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not sure we are as insistent as he says, I’m sure we want Colwill but we never pay over the odds.

Personally I think this is just part of the bargaining over Caicedo and a bit of a smoke screen while we continue to work on other CB targets. We rarely focus on one at a time and would expect we are working on the others while the press make noise about this one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We need to stop being so "Leeds" about Colwill.

Colwill wants to play first team football. Albion offered Ben White first team football and was near enough an ever present in his season with us. (but so did Leeds)
Difference here is Albion pretty much will offer Colwill a lot of starts next season in the Premier League - if he rebuffs a new contract - and in Europe too. Chelsea won't do the former and can't do the latter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
not really. At 20, Saka had two Arsenal seasons under his belt and had played for England in the final of a major competition. At 20 Trent AA had a full season starting for Liverpool, and had played in the final of the Champions League.

Colwill hasn’t ever played a game for Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

I'm thinking of this in the career to date whole and Chelsea's thinking. They didn't sell him in summer 2022 and know thanks to us that's he the real PL deal.

No way are they selling him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Colwill wants to play first team football. Albion offered Ben White first team football and was near enough an ever present in his season with us. (but so did Leeds)
Difference here is Albion pretty much will offer Colwill a lot of starts next season in the Premier League - if he rebuffs a new contract - and in Europe too. Chelsea won't do the former and can't do the latter.

Chelsea may well have CL football from August 2024 onwards. Highly unlikely he'll get that here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Funny how everyone knows that he will definitely play / not play under Poch. A manager well known for putting younger players in

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has he SINGED yet?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If this is true then surely that's not right and needs investigating by the Football Association.
Why ? It’s not as bad / conflicted as Bloom directly owning 1 club with influence and another without influence, of course.

It’s a bit of nonsense in my opinion. Saudis are buying all sorts of over inflated players at the moment, let them get on with it

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Why ? It’s not as bad / conflicted as Bloom directly owning 1 club with influence and another without influence, of course.

It’s a bit of nonsense in my opinion. Saudis are buying all sorts of over inflated players at the moment, let them get on with it
As far as I'm aware, we aren't selling any over-30, high earning players to USG for massively inflated wages to avoid FFP punishments are we? I'm not sure loaning Adingra to USG is in the same ball-park

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Chelsea may well have CL football from August 2024 onwards. Highly unlikely he'll get that here.
Chelsea can offer 2x or 3x wages - and are reportedly planning a new contract - and probably more elite level football after the hiccup of next season. Of course. And they don't want to lose him given his age and potential and that left sided defenders are rare.
But he wants to secure an England place, wants regular game time, and likes RDZ and his Albion teammates. But you/others right - it would be a surprise if Albion land him but we've a lot to offer and its still in play.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Chelsea's negotiating supreme leader trying to add up if 90 million for Caciedo plus Colwill and the CMS impersonator is actually a better deal than 120 Millon Bloom wants for Caciedo.
nathan fillion hd GIF

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

The problem with letting them get on with it is that they appear to have an endless supply of money that is impacting on transfer fees and wages worldwid. They seem to have started the long haul in getting their league filled with top quality players to compete with, and then overtake, the EPL. I have no idea how they are going to stop it as they already have FIFA in their pockets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here