Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How can we ‘insist’? He’s a player contracted to Chelsea. We can make a bid and try to facilitate a move via a potential Caicedo sale, but that’s as far as it goes.
I suspect Levi wants out that basket case club. Imagine the immense pressure he’ll be under there. A mistake or two and those entitled knuckleheads will be booing his every move.

I’d be shocked if the club weren’t holding Chelsea to ransom over Caicedo. I suspect they been told they can have him but we must have Caicedo.

I also suspect RDZ has looked Tony in the eye and told him his feelings about Colwill. Tony will move heaven and earth to keep RDZ happy.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I suspect Levi wants out that basket case club. Imagine the immense pressure he’ll be under there. A mistake or two and those entitled knuckleheads will be booing his every move.

I’d be shocked if the club weren’t holding Chelsea to ransom over Caicedo. I suspect they been told they can have him but we must have Caicedo.

I also suspect RDZ has looked Tony in the eye and told him his feelings about Colwill. Tony will move heaven and earth to keep RDZ happy.
It's difficult to know the dynamics of these relationships. It looks as if Chelsea have 'tightened up' since Pochettino went over to the dark side and joined them. We have no control over the Colwill deal and I honestly think we must be realistic...

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Think it comes down to just how badly Chelsea want Moises, if it’s enough and we hold firm I still believe Levi will be lining up for us against Luton.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We should be insisting on it. If we don't sign him before 30th June then I'm pretty sure we won't be this summer.

Obviously we hope Colwill is pushing for this and I think a few weeks ago when he was caught up with the emotion of European qualification, then I'm sure he really wanted to come to us. I do wonder if maybe a few weeks away from that, confirmation of the appointment of Poch and the platitudes he's been receiving from Chelsea plus training with England and other 'big 6' players may have softened his desire to come here?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Colwill is a good player, but still young and learning his trade.
He only has 17 Premier League games.

The hype generated is predominantly relating to the role he played for De Zerbi.
Chelsea fans seem to be buying into the hype and this may not be a good thing for Levi.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I would imagine whatever the outcome with Levi, he's being used as a valuable bargaining tool to get as much money for Caicedo as we can.

BHA "We'll give you £40m for Colwill"

CFC "No, he's not for sale, but we'll give you £60m for Caicedo"

BHA "We need a lot more than that. £60m + Colwill sounds fair"

CFC "Colwill is not for sale".

BHA "Fine, £120m for Caicedo"

CFC "FFS".

levs

Jul 10, 2017
My hope on this one is fading as I hoped Chelsea would struggle to offload some of their high wage players, leaving them in a position where they may have to sell Colwill to balance the books.

However, it appears the Saudi clubs have come to their rescue offering silly money for players like koulibaly, lukaku, and ziyech

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
My hope on this one is fading as I hoped Chelsea would struggle to offload some of their high wage players, leaving them in a position where they may have to sell Colwill to balance the books.

However, it appears the Saudi clubs have come to their rescue offering silly money for players like koulibaly, lukaku, and ziyech
Yeah, the Saudis buying up all the Chelsea flops means that they’re not as desperate for cash as they might have been.

Think it’s unlikely this one gets over the line but at least it might drive up the Caicedo price.

And we might get another embarrassing Naylor-Romano spat out of the whole thing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would imagine whatever the outcome with Levi, he's being used as a valuable bargaining tool to get as much money for Caicedo as we can.

CFC "FFS".
Be interesting to see what Caicedo and his agents think about that tactic though ….!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
My fear is even if Chelsea do agree a fee with us other bigger clubs will take notice and match our offer and also pay Colwill a lot more than we can.
There were rumours of Liverpool being interested a few weeks ago.

I`d be delighted if we did get Levi but realistically expect us to move on to 2nd on the list.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

CFC "FFS".
If the Enzo saga has taught us anything, it’s that all clubs know to hold Chelsea to ridiculously high prices, and eventually they will cave and pay it to get their target player.

The Caicedo transfer will be a saga.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

CFC "FFS".
Yep this is how I see it. If we don’t get Levi it’s still useful to have him in the discussion as it allows us to drive up the price of Caicedo. It’s drives home the idea that it’s one or the other, do a deal for Colwill and we’ll be reasonable about Caicedo, or don’t & it’s a very very high fee for him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My fear is even if Chelsea do agree a fee with us other bigger clubs will take notice and match our offer and also pay Colwill a lot more than we can.

I`d be delighted if we did get Levi but realistically expect us to move on to 2nd on the list.
I think we're overrating Colwill at the moment. He's got a lot of potential, but I really don't think he's a 40m player, and I can't see him being on the radar of clubs like Liverpool yet.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yeah, the Saudis buying up all the Chelsea flops means that they’re not as desperate for cash as they might have been.

Think it’s unlikely this one gets over the line but at least it might drive up the Caicedo price.

And we might get another embarrassing Naylor-Romano spat out of the whole thing.
Apparently all being bought by clubs owned by the PiF who apparently have a stake in the Clearlake company who are part of the ownership group of Chelsea. How convenient.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think we're overrating Colwill at the moment. He's got a lot of potential, but I really don't think he's a 40m player, and I can't see him being on the radar of clubs like Liverpool yet.
Yer it's incredible we are the most overhyped club in the world at the moment !!
Colwill was good but he wasn't that good and he made a few mistakes. And if he was truly that good then why was he not playing more games?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The player has to want to go to the other club.

That's why we're bidding, because Levi and his agent probably indicated if we could get it done he'd love to make a permanent move to us.

Not to any other clubs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I hope we don't have to go to our 2nd on the list, look what happened last summer with Cucur.... Oh, as you were :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here