Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No it’s not. The club that holds a players contract get the final say. See Caicedo to Arsenal in January.
It kind of is as it’s the base point for the transfer surely…

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It kind of is as it’s the base point for the transfer surely…
Not really. If a club doesn’t want to sell, they won’t, regardless of a player’s feelings. We’ve seen it more than once for Harry Kane in recent seasons, and again this summer too if reports are correct.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really. If a club doesn’t want to sell, they won’t, regardless of a player’s feelings. We’ve seen it more than once for Harry Kane in recent seasons, and again this summer too if reports are correct.
If he doesn’t sign a new contract they will not be getting what they will do now though. Probably doesn’t matter a shit to them though, money is for burning

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If he doesn’t sign a new contract they will not be getting what they will do now though. Probably doesn’t matter a shit to them though, money is for burning
And? I was responding to the claim that a players wishes are the most important point in a transfer, they clearly aren’t.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And? I was responding to the claim that a players wishes are the most important point in a transfer, they clearly aren’t.
If they don’t have long to run on their contract it changes the dynamics though doesn’t it?.

Trossard being the prime example, did we really want to let him leave mid season? I think not

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
No it’s not. The club that holds a players contract get the final say. See Caicedo to Arsenal in January.
Yes it is. If Colwill didn’t want to come back to Brighton then it’s dead and it doesn’t really matter what BHA do. Likewise if club A wanted to sell player A to club B but player A didn’t want club B then the player would just refuse and sit on their contract. The player can’t force a transfer to happen but they sure as hell can force a transfer not to happen.
The fact Naylor is reporting BHA haven’t given up means that the player is still open to it. It doesn’t make it a given at all and I’m not saying that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If they don’t have long to run on their contract it changes the dynamics though doesn’t it?.

Trossard being the prime example, did we really want to let him leave mid season? I think not
I would say that we had no problem with it. He’s another that threw his toys out of his pram and was dropped. RDZ won’t take any shit as far as I can see. That’s fine by me. Besides, Trossard hardly lit the world on fire at Arsenal did he?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes it is. If Colwill didn’t want to come back to Brighton then it’s dead and it doesn’t really matter what BHA do. Likewise if club A wanted to sell player A to club B but player A didn’t want club B then the player would just refuse and sit on their contract. The player can’t force a transfer to happen but they sure as hell can force a transfer not to happen.
The fact Naylor is reporting BHA haven’t given up means that the player is still open to it. It doesn’t make it a given at all and I’m not saying that.
Absolute poppycock.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would say that we had no problem with it. He’s another that threw his toys out of his pram and was dropped. RDZ won’t take any shit as far as I can see. That’s fine by me. Besides, Trossard hardly lit the world on fire at Arsenal did he?
Other than holding the all time record for assists in a PL half no

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And that’s why RDZ will go to the top. Weak managers don’t get anywhere in the game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think they are - maybe jointly with selling clubs’ wishes but it is a helpful start if the player would sanction the move right!?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think they are - maybe jointly with selling clubs’ wishes but it is a helpful start if the player would sanction the move right!?
Obviously. My point is a players wishes can’t necessarily force a move. It’s ultimately down to their club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously. My point is a players wishes can’t necessarily force a move. It’s ultimately down to their club.
Yeh of course. Think we were looking at that at diff angles. They’re both vital of course!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeh of course. Think we were looking at that at diff angles. They’re both vital of course!
Absolutely. But who ultimately has the final say?

theboybilly

Trossard has done very well for Arsenal since his move and their fans have taken to him greatly. He was hopeless against us at the Emirates mind - and how we loved it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here