Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There's a part of me that wants to believe that we wouldn't have agreed to take Levi on loan unless we had an option to buy him, and that for some reason it was agreed not to disclose that fact.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Steady on. Had a decent game but also got caught out too easily a couple of times and was sloppy in possession.

Bags of potential but doesn’t play if everyone fit and available.
You could have said he doesn’t play if everyone is fit and available previously but at the moment he’s playing his way into keeping the shirt ahead of Webster even when Adam is back from injury.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hes excellent. If Potter has any brains he'll be back there in the summer but I'm half hoping we can somehow keep him. The biggest compliment is the amount of faith older players have in him on the ball in the tightest of areas. Players 10 years older than him letting him dictate the start of passing movements.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We sound like Leeds fans.
Well. It's a tough signing to land. But it's not impossible. I would find it incredible if we make no attempt at all.

If he nails down a first team place here (which will be tough as it will likely mean displacing Webby) and he doesn't have an option on his contract (which he probably does), Chelsea might (or might not) take a view on a decent offer that's it's better to get a chunk of cash rather than have a player who's going to sit on the bench for a year behind Kimpembe or whichever 80m player they sign in that position and then leave.

Quite a few young Chelsea players have taken similar views, that if they want to establish themselves they need to get a move away.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Let’s hope he comes as part of the Trossard deal…..

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well Chelsea are signing a 21 year old LCB in Jan from Monaco for over £40m so he won’t be getting near their first team anytime soon

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not just today, always looked very good whenever he has played. Looks more like an exceptional 29 year old, rather than a 19 year old rookie.
It's important to remember that he IS still a rookie though, and one thing that young players lack is consistency.

His last time out in a League game for the Albion was in the home defeat to Aston Villa just prior to the World Cup, and l don't recall him covering himself in glory that day.

Yes l too believe that he will become a top top player, but he isn't there quite yet, not on a consistent basis anyway.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
There's a part of me that wants to believe that we wouldn't have agreed to take Levi on loan unless we had an option to buy him, and that for some reason it was agreed not to disclose that fact.
I really hope you’re right. But it smacked of a pragmatic decision. Ie Cucu was playing LCB and LB/LWB. We had Pervis lined up for the latter, but Cucu going was an unplanned event that left us a hole at LCB. But as I say, I really hope you’re right…

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sign him or send him back. JPVH is worth developing, he isn't if he isn't going to be ours beyond this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Always felt there might be some hidden agreement about signing him permanently. Let's hope so!
Yup, suspect there is some kind of option (or obligation to buy after x appearances).
Sign him or send him back. JPVH is worth developing, he isn't if he isn't going to be ours beyond this season.
Generally I agree with this take but with the increasing possibility that Brighton could challenge for a spot in Europe... no time for ideology: should just let the best available players play.

Suspect Van Hecke might go on loan again to Bundesliga or something.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
This kid is outstanding, so much class and elegance, excellent on the ball and he looks enormous. He has a big future.

I must admit that I was a bit bemused that we signed him on loan in the first place, I thought we should have given J PVH a chance. But looks a real shame we didn't get his guy on a permanent deal as part of the Cucurella deal. Could have probably got him for £15m in the summer. Will be double that now, maybe more?
He's class, if a bit raw as others have said.
I suspect that if there were a chance of us getting him for £15m in the summer then we would have done, but such is life.
I wish him well while on the field, but I still think we should dump him on a north facing hillside in Cumbria to find his own way back to Chelsea. Or be raised by a family of beavers, I'm really not that fussed what happens to him once he doesn't sign for us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If you, like many on here, believe Bloom has a dogmatic set of rules he sticks to (no loan signings, no transfers in the summer, no release clauses) then the answer is that this was a loan to buy deal. It's a big if, if you ask me.
Suspect it was the right deal at the right time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's a good player but what I don't like is when he just stands there with his foot on the ball waiting for opponents to come in. Yesterday there was a moment where he just walked forward with the ball at his feet. I understand that the point is that you're trying to draw the players in but is quite dull to watch.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I wish him well while on the field, but I still think we should dump him on a north facing hillside in Cumbria to find his own way back to Chelsea. Or be raised by a family of beavers, I'm really not that fussed what happens to him once he doesn't sign for us.
We've just had a couple of Beavers released up here as part of a rewilding project - so, we're well equipped!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's a good player but what I don't like is when he just stands there with his foot on the ball waiting for opponents to come in. Yesterday there was a moment where he just walked forward with the ball at his feet. I understand that the point is that you're trying to draw the players in but is quite dull to watch.
You need to blame RdeZ for that, Levi will be following instructions . Dunk does it just as much.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

That sounds like quintessential De Zerbismo.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here