Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I hope we get the Ukrainian this month. The better Colwill plays the more likely he is to never play for us again after May. There are lots of idiots involved in the running of Chelsea but Potter isn’t one of them and will have Colwill in his team as soon as the pre-season friendliest begin in July.

He’s good, but he’s more or less reached his peak. The most sensible/ us like move would be for Piero Hincapié. He’s raw and will need to be integrated slower but has a much higher ceiling. Looking at around 20m fee

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If Chelsea are serious about signing Caicedo, I'd be having Colwill (providing he's interested) signing for us permanently as a condition of the deal.
Except we literally tried to do exactly that with the Cucurella deal and couldnt come to an agreement, which is why they paid 7m more and we only got him as a loanee.

Now that he's Premier League proven it will only become more difficult to prize him away from Chelsea.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Except we literally tried to do exactly that with the Cucurella deal and couldnt come to an agreement, which is why they paid 7m more and we only got him as a loanee.

Now that he's Premier League proven it will only become more difficult to prize him away from Chelsea.
well in that case I'd be all for using it as a tactic to get even more money out of them. if, in the grand scheme of things, they have to pay us £7 million for saying no to our request to loan their player, then it's worth an ask imo

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
90 Min (yes, I know) says we may be prepared to pursue another loan move if we can't get him here permanently

That article loses all credence in the first paragraph "Brighton are planning moves to keep two of their stars who have recently caught the eye of England manager Gareth Southgate".

You know it's utter BS, no Brighton player will catch Southgates eye unless its at the pointey end of a sharpest stake, and from then on it gets worse.

Ending with the statement that Colwill as usurped Webster. No, Webster was injured.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Matt Law is pretty accurate around London clubs so if he reckons a new deal will be agreed that’s a shame for us, but no reason to spitefully weaken ourselves for a big second half of the season

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Be interesting to see if this pans out as it looks like it might, people will behave bearing in mind the indignation at Leeds demanding to sign White! Is Dunk his best friend a la Phillips?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Chelsea need to protect their investment in the same way we did with Mac as the more minutes he gets for us the more the bigger clubs who need centre back (cough cough Liverpool) are going to be sniffing about.

I think this is the one time we will be doing someone’s player development for them but with losing burn then Cucurella plus the fitness of Webster it has proved to be a good move for all parties.

I trust the club to get someone in though and we have a pretty good record with recruiting central defenders

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Chelsea need to protect their investment in the same way we did with Mac as the more minutes he gets for us the more the bigger clubs who need centre back (cough cough Liverpool) are going to be sniffing about.

I think this is the one time we will be doing someone’s player development for them but with losing burn then Cucurella plus the fitness of Webster it has proved to be a good move for all parties.

I trust the club to get someone in though and we have a pretty good record with recruiting central defenders
We already have Van Hecke. No need for any more central defensive signings just now.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We already have Van Hecke. No need for any more central defensive signings just now.
Van Hecke may be the answer but if club saw him as a viable regular starter I think we would be seeing him get more minutes than a chelsea loanee. My gut feeling is Brighton will look to sign as it’s a market we can generally get good value in. Not sure if any truth in the links to Matviyenko but would not be surprised if club made that kind of move

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Van Hecke may be the answer but if club saw him as a viable regular starter I think we would be seeing him get more minutes than a chelsea loanee. My gut feeling is Brighton will look to sign as it’s a market we can generally get good value in. Not sure if any truth in the links to Matviyenko but would not be surprised if club made that kind of move
If we've got Colwill, we may as well use him. No sense having him here to warm the bench, while Van Hecke is more of a project.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not specifically on Colwill, but this shows the utter stupidity of Chelsea transfer policies. We've got Lamptey and Gilmore so far. Despite what Potter says, wonder if there's a chance on Colwill. Only can come from the player now as Chelsea play Football Monopoly and try to bank the entire starting XI from every WC final team.

Tweet ammend to add Datro-Fofana to the list which was missed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We are more likely to win the league this season than we are to sign Levi on a permanent deal.
I mean, as untrue statements go, that’s just about the most silly I’ve ever, ever read on here. And that’s saying something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here