Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Levelling Up Fund - £9.5 million for HOVE!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
BN3 one of the most sought after postcodes in the country . Obviously could improve , it’s not got enough decent clothes shops in my opinion and George street should be bulldozed but it has got a lot of what people want . Beach style living , lots of decent independent restaurants, artisan bakeries , nice coffee shops & period architecture as well as lots of green spaces .

Sounds simple but lots of places even in a county as pleasant as Sussex don’t have that or certainly not enough of it .

That’s why Central Hove is expensive by comparison to most other parts of Sussex and in fact most of the rest of England outside of London .
Now bulldozing George Street would be a very good idea. It's Hove's "London Road". Somehow it just doesn't fit with Hove's image and I can't imagine where the people who hang around and shop there actually live. Portslade?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You really need to stop judging how nice a place is based on the property prices.
I agree it’s not the only indication, but usually the more in demand a location is the more expensive it becomes . Supply and demand. But I agree there are lots of other usually much smaller places that are very nice without the Hove price tag.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Now bulldozing George Street would be a very good idea. It's Hove's "London Road". Somehow it just doesn't fit with Hove's image and I can't imagine where the people who hang around and shop there actually live. Portslade?
I think in the big council blocks at the top of George street - around Conway street . Mainly single mums in tracksuits with a baby .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here