Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Level 2 Heatwave Alert

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've just come back from North West Hampshire where it was quite sunny and very warm this afternoon. By the time we reached Brighton, it was misty and significantly cooler. Take it that we are at the leading edge of the good weather and tomorrow will be a scorcher!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Knowing I'd be unable to wear shorts for a while, I had a word with the Big Man up there to put a hold on summer and he certainly has during June.

Hopefully shorts weather can start again from about 14th July.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The Department of Health have issued a Level 2 (whatever that is) Alert due to the impending heatwave. Staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton are bracing themselves for a rise in patients with sunburn and heatstroke.

Temperatures are expected to soar to a ridiculous 77F/25C. Be careful out there everyone, God help us all.

On a positive note though, its a good trial run for the RSCH when Palarse come down !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
90F KILLER HEATWAVE was the front page headline in today's Daily Express. FFS. Isn't there anything else worth putting on the cover?

Yes of course. Diana.

Oh, wait. They managed to get her on the same front page :facepalm:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Knowing I'd be unable to wear shorts for a while, I had a word with the Big Man up there to put a hold on summer and he certainly has during June.

Give the Big Man a break, he's probably not even had a chance to get settled and play his holy sax, yet you want him to sort the weather already? Er, I suppose you couldn't get his autograph?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Heatwave my arse!!!.....just got in from an evening fishing at Eastbourne and it was bloody cold!!!!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Foggy and damp in BN2 at the moment. If this is how the hottest day of the year turns out I want my money back. Or something.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The Department of Health have issued a Level 2 (whatever that is) Alert due to the impending heatwave. Staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton are bracing themselves for a rise in patients with sunburn and heatstroke.

Temperatures are expected to soar to a ridiculous 77F/25C. Be careful out there everyone, God help us all.

I guess when it stops "Persisting" down here in Not so sunny South Wales, we can then look forward to the heatwave!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Its so foggy here in BN1 I can hardly see my PC screen!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A cloudy start but only a matter of time before the sun burns through and causes havoc with its near 80 degree heat. The good news seems to be that if any of us make it through until tomorrow, the summer should be over by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here