Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Level 2 Heatwave Alert

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The Department of Health have issued a Level 2 (whatever that is) Alert due to the impending heatwave. Staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton are bracing themselves for a rise in patients with sunburn and heatstroke.

Temperatures are expected to soar to a ridiculous 77F/25C. Be careful out there everyone, God help us all.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
25 degrees isnt really that hot though. i would not call that a heat wave.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Bring it on. Time to knot my handkerchief and rub on the lard.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
its 41C in Abu Dhabi - I will be back in the UK in a week, can't wait to enjoy the heatwave!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
We live in a over litigatious nanny society, hence the 'warning'.

Most people in the UK will be dancing with unbridled joy at the prospect of 2 whole days 25c+ sunshine.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Do they mean due to the impeding 'Summer'?

Ridic

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
90F KILLER HEATWAVE was the front page headline in today's Daily Express. FFS. Isn't there anything else worth putting on the cover?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
On way to leave the Algarve in a trip to the airport the temp just of the coast was 39 degees C on wed. 25 is not a frigging heatwave!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Presumably these are the same sort of people that warn pensioners about drinking too much booze? And they wonder why warnings aren't taken seriously?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What ever happened to good old fashioned 'global warming'? We were PROMISED (or 'threatened with' depending on your perspective) drought and Mediterranean summers and instead we get heatwave warnings when there's a chance that the June temperature might 'soar' up to 25c for a couple of days.

And yes I know 'climate' isn't the same as 'weather' but it would have been nice if some of the predictions about the effect of climate change on our weather had had just the merest smidegon of accuracy about them.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
The Department of Health have issued a Level 2 (whatever that is) Alert due to the impending heatwave. Staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton are bracing themselves for a rise in patients with sunburn and heatstroke.

Temperatures are expected to soar to a ridiculous 77F/25C. Be careful out there everyone, God help us all.

Aaah, good! Nice and cool then. It's been in the 30s over here most of this week, I'm back in Brighton on Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here