Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter to Grauniad re: Wonga

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Cocked it up first time. Hopefully it works now.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I don't see the problem with Wonga, I have used it a few times before and unless your an idiot and cant follow simple instructions, it's perfect for a quick loan before pay day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whatever the rights and wrongs, I just object to some no-mark I've never heard of speaking on behalf of ALL the fans of my club.

(I hate Wonga and similar, but others probably don't)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You should spend more time polishing your Roman's rather than reading that rag.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't see the problem with Wonga, I have used it a few times before and unless your an idiot and cant follow simple instructions, it's perfect for a quick loan before pay day.

Because the percentage rates are disgusting ( loan shark levels even ) and they are an invite to trap people already in debt into even greater debt. There should be legislation preventing interest rates being any greater than 50% APR.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Don't they sponsor Blackpool as well? There is a blackpool fan on that list wanting it removed ??? Good luck :moo:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Well you're alright Jack but unfortunately there are a lot of people who get suckered in because, unlike you, they're not very astute.

Calling them idiots is very demeaning.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Because the percentage rates are disgusting ( loan shark levels even ) and they are an invite to trap people already in debt into even greater debt. There should be legislation preventing interest rates being any greater than 50% APR.

True, but if you have any common sense, you know that if you are in debt already, a loan shark is not the option anyway. If I am having a really tight month, I borrow £100 every now and then, and pay back £130 as soon as I am paid 15/20 days later. It's simple, and yes it may attract people who are already in trouble, and it can cause them more, but that's what banks, family and friends are for.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Well you're alright Jack but unfortunately there are a lot of people who get suckered in because, unlike you, they're not very astute.

Calling them idiots is very demeaning.

Maybe idiot was not the right word to use, but if you are in financial trouble, anyone with some common sense knows that a loan shark is not the answer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here