Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's talk about something other than Gus. You choose. Go on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm in a rather full STI waiting room. Probably another 10 or so teenagers to go. A different nurse comes out every few minutes calling out the name of the next invitee and one of them is a huge hootered beauty. I pray I am not to be tampered with by her and her likely delicate paws. TWANG!

I was once shaved around the genital area for a hernia operation by a softly spoken Liverpudlian male nurse. This is the first time I have ever mentioned that on an Internet forum.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think most public sector employers will allow staff to take unpaid sabbaticals or career breaks once you've accrued a certain length of service, especially in the current climate. Which is handy, as it means I should be able to go & do my thing and come straight back into my job when I return. The only thing I think it might slightly affect is my pension, but to be honest the Government are busy nailing that anyway, so I figure what's six months out when Theresa May wants me to be still chasing bad guys at 65?

Go for it then, if you can. My eldest sister's best friend was a high ranking female copper with Sussex police and I am pretty sure she took a long career break when she had children - might be wrong though. Your pension benefits should be preserved when you go on the break. I am afraid most of us are going to be working for much longer than we initially thought, so if you can go off now and do something for a break then why not?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Go for it then, if you can. My eldest sister's best friend was a high ranking female copper with Sussex police and I am pretty sure she took a long career break when she had children - might be wrong though. Your pension benefits should be preserved when you go on the break. I am afraid most of us are going to be working for much longer than we initially thought, so if you can go off now and do something for a break then why not?

Exactly. Happy in my job but just think I need to take a bit of time out. No point worrying about the pension side of things. Life is too short.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tesco-Horse-Burger.jpg

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No it's funny you should mention that birthofanorange but the sealing membranes on many marine snails are known as their trap doors. They are often attacked by other prey which while obviously trying to get into the snails insides "bash their trap doors open"
It's x certificate stuff trust me.

Wonderfully hardcore stuff! That's it, lizard's going in the bin - I'm off to get me some snails! (And a camera with an excellent macro function)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
[video=facebook;519879868062662]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=519879868062662&set=vb.136336876521150&type=3&theater[/video]

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I am going to wake him at the weekend by moving him to a warmer place and moistening his tank.
Although he might well be dead though. They seel themselves in with a rubbery membrane so you can't really tell.

So if he is dead will you do the right thing by sauteing him with fresh garlic and serving him with a nice side salad (minus the membrane of course)?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So if he is dead will you do the right thing by sauteing him with fresh garlic and serving him with a nice side salad (minus the membrane of course)?

Would you eat your dog or cat if it died. How dare you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here