Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's Stick Together!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
We're up against it again, on and off the pitch. How many times has that happened in the last few years? We've seen off all sorts of scum off the pitch and had some great successes on it, more than we could have dreamed of given the circumstances we've found ourselves in. Until we finally defeat the bastards who are trying once again to bleed our club out of existence and get the final, watertight decision on Falmer these magical investors are not going to come out of the woodwork. The club are trying desperately to bring the RIGHT player in - I don't think there is any more they can do than they are! We still have a great chance of staying up, which would, once again, be a phenomenal achievement in the present circumstances.

My personal view is that all our the frustration should be directed fairly and squarely at Falmer Parish Council and LDC.

Equally, McCammon, if you have the wonderful privelege of earning a living doing a job you love which involves entertaining the public you have you take it on the chin if people think you are shit. It comes with the territory!!

Anyone else like Maximo Park?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well said JOHN.

We shouldn't ever forget who the real enemies are.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
attila said:
... Anyone else like Maximo Park?
Dunno, who does he play for? Can we get him on loan?

....or do you mean the band from Newcastle?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
attila said:

Equally, McCammon, if you have the wonderful privelege of earning a living doing a job you love which involves entertaining the public you have you take it on the chin if people think you are shit. It comes with the territory!!

You mean like the NSC Flounce a couple of years back? ;)

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
attila said:
We're up against it again, on and off the pitch. How many times has that happened in the last few years? We've seen off all sorts of scum off the pitch and had some great successes on it, more than we could have dreamed of given the circumstances we've found ourselves in. Until we finally defeat the bastards who are trying once again to bleed our club out of existence and get the final, watertight decision on Falmer these magical investors are not going to come out of the woodwork. The club are trying desperately to bring the RIGHT player in - I don't think there is any more they can do than they are! We still have a great chance of staying up, which would, once again, be a phenomenal achievement in the present circumstances.

My personal view is that all our the frustration should be directed fairly and squarely at Falmer Parish Council and LDC.

Well said that man! :thumbsup:

Don't forget to blame Palace as well!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by attila
... Anyone else like Maximo Park?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brovian said:
Dunno, who does he play for? Can we get him on loan?

Is he J-S Park's lesser known brother?

We have fought tooth and nail for a long time and now is not the time to give up! FREEDOM!!!

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Last edited:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
A word about McGhee. His substitutions (or lack of sometimes) are often puzzling. His abilty to spot a good player is hit and miss. Dick Knight does not agree with himall the time and says that's healthy (he's right, otherwise you may as well let the chairman - or the fans - pick the team, and then there would be no point in having a manager) But on balance, in the circumstances, I still think McGhee has done well. Everyone has the right to criticise, of course, and it can be bloody frustrating watching the Albion. But we do need to remember the context.

Most of the clubs round us are (fortunately!) f**ing up big time with good stadia and twice our gates (or 3 times in the case of Sheff Wed).

I am convinced that if we had what they have got, we wouldn't be where we were. Simple as that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
attila said:

Yes - maybe we need to Apply Some Pressure

BTW I thought they were Mackems not Toon followers?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
attila said:

Absolutely. I still firmly believe that there is in fact a minority within LDC who are behind the anti-Falmer stand, and we CAN put significant pressure on them. I am in the process of writing to ALL Lewes councillors (there are 41 of them!!)....it's a bit of a rambling letter, but it's from the heart. It almost certainly won't make much (if any) difference on it's own, but a concerted effort to isolate the anti-Falmer minority is, I believe, a worthwhile objective. I will copy my letter on here shortly :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
attila said:

Spot on!

I intend to lead a band of disgruntled vigilantes to LDC later today (a la Young Frankenstien). Anyone care to join me? - you must bring your own flaming torch and cudgel !!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
In the meantime, if you want to help the club out, buy something from the club shop. My little sister is coming to her first game in a few weeks time so I'm going to get her a hat and scarf to keep her warm.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Let's Stick Together!

Buzza said:
Spot on!

I intend to lead a band of disgruntled vigilantes to LDC later today (a la Young Frankenstien). Anyone care to join me? - you must bring your own flaming torch and cudgel !!!

I shall be there..do you know if I can bring some baying hounds and where are we drinking after?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
green_al~~~_letsstayt_101b.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Au contraire MOH

Let's Stick Together
October 1976

The 3rd Bryan Ferry Solo Album released in 1976. This album is a collection of 2 singles and a 4-track EP and the B-sides to 4 of the first 5 Bryan Ferry solo singles, plus a re-recording of Roxy Music's Casanova which was later used in 1978 as the B-side to What Goes On. The album peaked at number 19 in the UK album charts. You Go To My Head reached number 33 whereas Let's Stick Together peaked at number 4. The EP containing The Price Of Love, Shame Shame Shame It's Only Love & Heart On My Sleeve reached number 7 in UK. The Price Of Love was released as a single in most European countries.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Let's Stick Together!

Perry Milkins said:
I shall be there..do you know if I can bring some baying hounds and where are we drinking after?

Baying hounds are fine.

We could,, er, actually meet up in the pub before hand to discuss tactics.

Best bring DCLAD, Hadlee and Bakesy in case there's any rough stuff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here