Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
This should help most of you

its the illuminated part at the top THATS the name

Brighton%20Pier.jpg

:jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Redders, I was just gonna say "How many BLIND People are on NSC?" - everyone who votes "Palace Pier" obviously :jester:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Indeed Crabbers, how can people READ 1 thing then SAY another,

CRAZY

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
REDLAND said:
Indeed Crabbers, how can people READ 1 thing then SAY another,

CRAZY

LAZY you say?......DOH! :dunce:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can't change history ..... it was named the Palace Pier and no amount of marketing crap from the corrupt Noble organisation will change that.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Its called the Brighton Pier. Its only still know as the Palace Pier because of people like the editor of the Argus will not move with the times and insists on calling it Palace... Strange as they have changed their name from The Evening Argus to "The Argus". Surely if the Local rag which has been around for hundreds of years can change its name the the Pier can aswell.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Westdene Seagull said:
You can't change history .....

so its Brightonhelmstone (or whatever it was) instead of Brighton?

Marathon Bars instead of Snickers aswell?

the list is endless :)

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Westdene Seagull said:
You can't change history ..... it was named the Palace Pier and no amount of marketing crap from the corrupt Noble organisation will change that.

So who still calls Elton John by his original name, times change and so do the names of things, how many shillings will lunch cost me today then? :jester: :salute:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think this poll tells its own story...and a big :salute: to the arsonist sympathisers :p

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Thats the old name from back in the day when Brighton was a TOWN,

do you refer to Brighton as a City or Town these days ??

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've always called it the Palace Pier, and will continue to do so. The fact that they've changed the name is not important enough for me to make a concious effort to call it 'Brighton' pier.

I can't be arsed to change.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
REDLAND said:

do you refer to Brighton as a City or Town these days ??

Well as The Albion if you must know !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But we weren't formed as "Albion"

Where's the "I don't care" option?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No-one is disputing the fact that The Names Of Things Sometimes Change. That's a very clever observation that has been made. So a big well done all around to those that have noticed that. Quite brilliant.

However, (and read this carefully) sometimes names of things are changed for Bad Reasons, as in this case, so sometimes people choose to call something by its old name. I know, it's a hard concept to grasp...:shootself :shootself :shootself

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
No-one is disputing the fact that The Names Of Things Sometimes Change. That's a very clever observation that has been made. So a big well done all around to those that have noticed that. Quite brilliant.

However, (and read this carefully) sometimes names of things are changed for Bad Reasons, as in this case, so sometimes people choose to call something by its old name. I know, it's a hard concept to grasp...:shootself :shootself :shootself

NO matter what reason it changed namers, The point is that you are never going to stop it being called the Brighton Pier, our children and children's children will be brought up knowing it as the Brighton Pier and its time that it should be accepted.

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
Too many long words MOH. See if you can explain it in single syllables............ or maybe pictures ???

and oi gvce26 - My kids know it as the Palace Pier and know why :angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here