Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets Give The Legend That Is Nathan Jones A New Contract!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Sign here if you want Jonesy to stay for another season:

Me please! :clap2:

P.s. Nathan, if you do play tomorrow do not try that step over trick more than twice!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think he should get the chance to prove himself, same as all the others, and base a contract offer on that.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Rangdo said:
I think he should get the chance to prove himself, same as all the others, and base a contract offer on that.

Yep ..thats the best way forward with the fringe players...3 month contract at the start of next season and a chance to show what they can add to the team/squad

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think Jonah would command a first team place on a regular basis but we do need cover for injuries and suspensions.

If MM can find a player with skills more suitable for the Championship and is willing to pay for the wages we can offer then he shouldn't have his contract renewed.

Jonah can be too inconsistent.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Nathan on his day can be brilliant but sadly he doesn't have enough of those days!

But he deserves a chance

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Jonah shows infrequent flashes of brilliance in amongst a huge amounts of dross.

He basically thinks he is a better player than his talent actually demonstrates.

Having said that I like the guy and the commitment he has shown the club, but unfortunately there should be no room for sentiment. If we can replace him in the summer with a Championship quality player we should.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No ta. Let's develop Jarret, he's on a three year deal and has more to offer than Jonah at present.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Auditor said:
Yep ..thats the best way forward with the fringe players...3 month contract at the start of next season and a chance to show what they can add to the team/squad

A la David Lee and Hammond

Seagull Stew

Stinky Kat said:
A la David Lee and Hammond

The difference being that Jones probably wouldn't accept a three month contract as he would be snapped up by a league two or maybe even one side, no trouble.
Jones is good cover and can turn a game when he is brought on as a substitute. We need to offer him another year, I reckon.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yorkie said:

Jonah can be too inconsistent.
so gary hart and kerry mayo aren't inconsistent as well? know with harty ur always gonna get 110% but he does seem to be inconsisent.where as mayo i suppose is consistent he's consistently bad

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Nathan Jones delivered 'goal balls' last week when he came on...he can play instead of Harding any day for me. Always gives us width and 100%, a contract is the least he deserves a first team he place is gonna start from tommorow i hope :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
saltash seagull said:
so gary hart and kerry mayo aren't inconsistent as well? know with harty ur always gonna get 110% but he does seem to be inconsisent.where as mayo i suppose is consistent he's consistently bad

Kerry is keeping Harding out of the left back position at the moment.
He does have inconsistent moments but isn't consistently bad. He was runner up to player of the year two seasons ago at this level.

Jarret is good at running at defenders but I don't think he can cross as well as Jones.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yorkie said:
Kerry is keeping Harding out of the left back position at the moment.
He does have inconsistent moments but isn't consistently bad. He was runner up to player of the year two seasons ago at this level.

to many more games like last week and harding will be back at left back iv tried to see good in him but just cant see wat he does his distribution is atrocious(like my spelling :lolol: )and he can't defend

I'll be sad to see him go but it's probably better for him and us if he finds a new club lower down the ladder in the summer. He will proably be the star player of a league 2 side. Seem to remember him being voted Southend's player of the season before he signed for us.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
if he carrys on coming on and putting balls into the box like he has in the last 2 games for butters at leeds and then when the big man should have completed his hatrick he's gonna force his way in.i think he can still do a job for us but maybe he is a bit inconsistent and if mm aint gonna pick him then there aint much point him staying around to do the shuffle at woodside road every couple of weeks.a league 1 move nearer to wales maybe?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Ditto - needs though to be more consistent to be rewarded with a contract. Given we have very little money - ok sod all money why waste it on someone who may not play more than a handful of games for us.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with most of the comments on here. A legend he definitely is not, but as a squad player another year maybe.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't think we should. Nothjing against Jonesy personally but what does he really add? The problem is he's never made up his mind if he's a left back or left sided midfield player. Time to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here