Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets get seagulls.co.uk from Premium TV.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Is there any chance we can all get together and try to get backseagulls.co.uk back from Premium TV. I am sick to death of the shity internet commentarary that we get. On saturday I was looking forward to sitting down and listening to the match and for the whole match the commentarary was down, its not the first time either, sometimes I have problems logging in or sometimes the commentarary starts late, as far as I am concerned this bunch of money grabbing wankers need to step down and give the site back to the club and give the internet commentarary back to the bbc, after all we are paying a tv licence too.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I kicked the useless twats into touch when my subscription ran out a couple of months ago.

The commentary comes from Southern Counties anyway (which is free). There are never new special features/classic matches. The match highlights are nothing of the sort, you get the few seconds it takes to score a goal but none of the other highlights.

And to be honest, you don't get anything with seagullsworld that you can't get for free on the club website or on the news anyway.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's the exiles who need the commentary magoo.

I used to have to listen to it when I lived in Yorkshire.

I contacted PTV or FL or whatever they call themselves before when the commentary failed before to ask for a refund and got the usual 'standard' reply.
Eventually I got another month free.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Seagulls World has got steadily more pathetic since it started. We got lots of player interviews, daily news updates, loads of classic matches when it first started.

Now we get news 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes the news isn't really news about the team. Such as Ferret telling us about whats on offer at the club shop etc.

Also, you can now tune into BBC SCR via this link

Needless to say NTL/Premium TV or whoever the hell runs it these days will not be getting my money in 2 weeks time when it time to renew.

Virgo's Haircut said:
Seagulls World has got steadily more pathetic since it started. We got lots of player interviews, daily news updates, loads of classic matches when it first started.

Now we get news 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes the news isn't really news about the team. Such as Ferret telling us about whats on offer at the club shop etc.

Also, you can now tune into BBC SCR via this link

Needless to say NTL/Premium TV or whoever the hell runs it these days will not be getting my money in 2 weeks time when it time to renew.

I wouldn't be so sure that commentary will be on the SCR link. Five Live internet cuts away when there is commentary. Premium TV have you by the sort and curlies.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
When it used stream from Southern Counties Radio it worked, I cannot see how PTV or whatever these people are called have the right to take the site from the supporters in the first place, the old seagulls.co.uk was much better.

Does the club make any money from PTV?

If they are not making money then I honestly think we should try to get the site back and also get the Beeb to stream live matches again. Cant the club pay someone £100 quid a week to keep the site maintained?

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
Premium TV

I believe ptv have copyright over the bbc re commentary,otherwise I would advocate BHA taken the site back.I live in Helsinki and can only get to Uk once a month to see a game so I have to rely on the internet.
Often they miss kick off and imagine my frustration on Sat when they failed to start! I tried bbc Suffolk but copyright prevented their commentary too,
What's really fedded me up is that now it's up again there is no mention of an apology but be sure when my subscription is due they will be phoneing and e-mailing me.

The Great Cornholio said:
I wouldn't be so sure that commentary will be on the SCR link. Five Live internet cuts away when there is commentary. Premium TV have you by the sort and curlies.

I tried SCR on satyrday when I couldn't get the commentary on Seagulls World but it was (I think!) the Aldershot game. So I tried Radio Suffolk only to get a recording saying that the current programme could not be broadcast on the internet due to contractural reasons.

Go I think Seagulls World is a good product? :nono:
Do I think Seagulls World is worth the money? :nono:
Will I renew my subscription? Yes of course I will if it's the only way to get commentary on the games. The words "curlies" and "Short" spring to mind :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The club would make shit loads more money if they went alone, they do make abit through PTV but have failed to realise the true Power of the internet. SCR on the website should be streamed for FREE, cant see why they can justify putting that into the "paid for" bracket.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
OK I've been thinking about this over the last 10mins or so, Subscriptions:

Basic = Free, Team news, General news, match reports, player database, SCR coverage (should be free anyway IMO), All Summer/Pre-season stuff is free

Medium = £20 per season, as above but with Exclusive Interviews, Features, Recent Match Highlights with Special 2x per month highlights of Classic matches.

Full = £30 per season, as above but with All seasons highlights, all Classic matches, Live Stats during each game, auto entered for draw to win 2x free tickets to a home game of your choosing during each month.

Tie in with that promotional offers, i.e. Join Medium Package & get 10% off 5 purchases from the On-line Shop or something, that sort of thing. Add in money made through advertising on the site, sponsor stuff aswell.

Anyway thats the way I'd roughly go about it, then all most money goes to BHA (not PTV then onto BHA) saving for server maintenance & server space/time/bandwidth etc.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Great Cornholio said:

You're right it cuts off for the football as does radio five.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
CrabtreeBHA said:
OK I've been thinking about this over the last 10mins or so

I doubt Seagulls World has more than 200 subscribers.

Assuming £30 for a season, that's a revenue of just £6,000.

Hardly enough for the club to run the service...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
I doubt Seagulls World has more than 200 subscribers.

Assuming £30 for a season, that's a revenue of just £6,000.

Hardly enough for the club to run the service...

wonder if we can ask Insider for the number of subscriptions?
If that is the case then you need to make it appeal to fans, have competitions to win free stuff, discounts for the club shop, free entry for the toddlers into the Junior Seagulls....shit like that would get a few extra people signing up, even for the Medium package I'd happily pay £20 per season to get the extra footage and stuff.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Being in Lincoln I haven't got much choice but to subscribe if I want to hear the game. The thing I object to is the commentary is from a BBC service that I already pay my licence fee for which was increased to cope with digital and internet demands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here