Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets face it

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The most promising thing though is we have come within minutes of beating the two best teams in the league in consecutive games. Compare that to the performances after the false dawn of S'hampton away and we are a much better side. Our squad is better than last season (and earlier this season), we have a better manager and are starting to look a solid team. If we can turn that into results against lesser opposition (and I believe we have a very good chance of getting a result Tuesday evening also) then we will be comfortably mid table by the end of the season. We've had some dreadful luck this season so far and if watching Brighton and football in general for over 30 odd years has taught me anything it's that bad luck, like good, doesn't last forever. The problem is if you're relying on luck alone and with our current performances it's clear that we're not. Keep the faith and don't panic.

(disclaimer - if it all goes horribly wrong you have my express permission to publicly whip my positive arse)

:thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If we can keep Luaua til the end of the season we'll definitely be ok. Against anyone but the best defenders he will create havoc. Two or three times today he almost walked the ball into the net....a bit more support up front and we'd have made more of those chances.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
We have a tough little spell of games, but after Colchester the run in is relatively easy. We should be fine.

On what basis do you think the run-in is relatively easy?
Last season, our final 6 games were all against mid-table sides with not a lot to play for.
Of our final 12 games....
We play 6 teams fighting for their lives...Oldham,Tranmere,Hartlepool, Gillingham, Southend and Yeovil.
Of the remainder...some or most of them could be pushing for the play-offs..Swindon,Southampton, Bristol R and MK Dons.
It is possible that only Brentford and Carlisle will have nothing to play for.
I prefer to play top sides that are getting twitchy or mid-table teams going nowhere.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If we were already upper to mid table, good performances but not winning wouldn't be a problem. However we are not so it is (or it will be soon if we cannot translate the performance into points). I keep getting the feeling that we have been around the bottom of this division for so long for a real reason - we actually aren't good enough. It is not good leading for 80 or 89 minutes if you blow it in the 90th (or even the 95th).

It isn't a matter of faith or trust, just the number of points. Ideally we would put in good performances and win 3 points every time, but just at the moment I would prefer an ugly scrappy win to a great-performance-but-gave-it-away-again-at-the-last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here