Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets end this embarrassing ultras song ?!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The song is f***ing shitty, it's shitty, it's shitty
And that's why Palace stole it, they stole it, they stole it
So keep the shit in Croydon, in Croydon, in Croydon
Coz that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it,
Woooooaaaaaooooooooh etc

:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When you think of My Way you think of Frank Sinatra
When you think of Blue Suede Shoes you think of Elvis
When you think of 'You'll Never walk Alone ' you think of Liverpool
When you think of Eloise you think of the Damned
When you think of Tainted Love you think of Soft Cell

Don't forget

When you think of Under Pressure you think of Jedward

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I just don't understand the name 'ultras', can it not be called something else? We all know for a fact we don't have ultras. Im also all for singing new chants but the 'palace' chant needs a few lyrics adjusted IMO, just doesn't sound right..

I don't call myself that, but even if I did, just get over with it. Have the words in the english language are borrowed from the continent. It's just a noun.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:lolol::lolol: Yeah, just the seven pages of people saying how shit it is. For me it's nothing to do with it being an ultras song (whatever that means). To be honest, I don't really care that it's a Palace song. What I do care, though, is that it's shit, always will be shit and will never fully catch on. Never.

Hmm, I seem to have heard it an AWFUL lot for something that has never caught on! And you're entitled to your opinion which I'll respect even more once you've established another new song thats repeated match after match by thousands of BHA. Until then, we all just continue to grow old and have a better than average chance of dying before then I guess

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Hmm, I seem to have heard it an AWFUL lot for something that has never caught on! And you're entitled to your opinion which I'll respect even more once you've established another new song thats repeated match after match by thousands of BHA. Until then, we all just continue to grow old and have a better than average chance of dying before then I guess

At least you've emphasised the correct word this time. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:lolol::lolol: Yeah, just the seven pages of people saying how shit it is. For me it's nothing to do with it being an ultras song (whatever that means). To be honest, I don't really care that it's a Palace song. What I do care, though, is that it's shit, always will be shit and will never fully catch on. Never.

Yep, the moaners decided to start another moaning thread because they gone taken apart, Palace-esque, by all the positive posters who said their piece and moved on MONTHS ago.

And for the last time, and this really goes out to the stupid, which I'm not saying is you....it's NOT a Palace-song!! It's a St Pauli one that TMSC didn't even know had been adapted by Palace (because he doesn't follow them oddly) or any other club for that matter, before we tried it.

I'm just glad we've another song that more than a couple of the crowd know. Was getting boring - bring back Lenny Ryders Terrace Chart I say for all those ex-GE readers!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
When you think of My Way you think of Frank Sinatra
When you think of Blue Suede Shoes you think of Elvis
When you think of 'You'll Never walk Alone ' you think of Liverpool
When you think of Eloise you think of the Damned
When you think of Tainted Love you think of Soft Cell

Why ? Because they popularised it .But they all lifted it from from somewhere else. Unfortunatly that 'Ultras'(you even lifted the name) song in my mind was popularised by Palace. And I for one hate it and will have nothing to do with it.
If you so called Ultras are that good and that hard working at creating an atmosphere , then trawl through the many decades of great verbal riffs and come up with something totally original . If you do I will join in with such gusto my balls will seperate.
Unfortunatly the only verbal riffs I can think of are the opening strains to Heaven and Hell or Iron Man . Both by Black Sabbath. I've been in crowds of 80k + singing those riffs. But , I will be first to admit totally unsuitable as it make the Amex sound more like Castle Donington and that would be a bit wrong.
Come on you can do it . you have worked very hard for us after all.:cool:

How many on here knew Palace sang it before they first heard it, not that many i'd bet, probably none of those who were at any of our early games where it was being sung at the start of the season unless, of course you go to Palace games.

Who would know what songs they sang at all (or even cared what they sing)

The lyrics do need tweaking a bit to make it more inclusive and so that the whole ground can join in (if that happened i'm sure most the nay sayers would change their minds) otherwise its a good song imo

However, again the issue seems to be with who started this song, had it been one of the more acceptable posters on here like Mendoza then i'm sure it would be loved and we wouldn't have all this crap about dropping it. Just because they have called themselves Ultras shouldn't stop anyone singing any new songs they may start

Either that or the Withdean years have had such an affect that certain fans would rather sit in silence than make noise or even have others making any noise that they have become intorerable towards it.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Didn't palace sing anything else on tuesday that you could copy to replace it?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The song is f***ing shitty, it's shitty, it's shitty
And that's why Palace stole it, they stole it, they stole it
So keep the shit in Croydon, in Croydon, in Croydon
Coz that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it,
Woooooaaaaaooooooooh etc

:thumbsup:

you are the wankers, wankers, wankers
wankers come from selhurst, selhurst, selhurst
and selhurst is a shithole, shithole, shithole
full of Palace Scum, Scum, Scum

Wooooahoooooo

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I sit in the North and for what it's worth, I think it's a quality song.

Who gives a shit where we nicked it from, it's the EXECUTION of the song that makes the difference. As someone else has pointed out, there are few, if any, REAL original songs being sung at football grounds,

The song in question sounded pretty amazing from Palace the other night because THE WHOLE END were singing it at the same time. In the North, you've got little pockets of people starting songs at different times and different speeds and the overall effect is to make everything sound a bit disjointed. Add to the hyper-speed that applies to GOSBTS and you have a real mishmash of songs and chants being thrown up all over the place.

Don't forget that, since 1997 and the 'real' North Stand, the singers have been scattered around different parts of Withdean and Priestfield and at Falmer, all the singers are still scattered around the ground. At other grounds, that have been there for years, the singers have built up and congregated in one area so it will almost bound to sound better.

I say keep the faith people, it WILL come good.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
St Pauli live in the dinosaur age just like the protagonist who bangs on about them.

What has that got to do with our version of the song sung (mainly) by the north stand at home games ? especially as it has very different lyrics to those used by St Pauli and any one else who sings it and it happens to be based on a on a song by Rosemary Clooney that dates back over 60 years

How old is Blaydon races, it that tune far too old to sing if I will follow him is too old a song to use. Who else sings a version of Blaydon races? shouldn't we stop singing that too just in case we suddenly get associated with those other undesirable clubs even though we sing it as Brighton Aces?

Our words are very different so what does it matter who sang there own version of it first? or has everyone suddenly become too self conscious and worried about people seeing them singing and enjoying themselves?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I sit in the North and for what it's worth, I think it's a quality song.

Who gives a shit where we nicked it from, it's the EXECUTION of the song that makes the difference. As someone else has pointed out, there are few, if any, REAL original songs being sung at football grounds,

The song in question sounded pretty amazing from Palace the other night because THE WHOLE END were singing it at the same time. In the North, you've got little pockets of people starting songs at different times and different speeds and the overall effect is to make everything sound a bit disjointed. Add to the hyper-speed that applies to GOSBTS and you have a real mishmash of songs and chants being thrown up all over the place.

Don't forget that, since 1997 and the 'real' North Stand, the singers have been scattered around different parts of Withdean and Priestfield and at Falmer, all the singers are still scattered around the ground. At other grounds, that have been there for years, the singers have built up and congregated in one area so it will almost bound to sound better.

I say keep the faith people, it WILL come good.

Precisely. Singing sounds great where I am because it's non-stop and that's all I can hear. I've not heard the away fans once even though they must be singing

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What has that got to do with our version of the song sung (mainly) by the north stand at home games ? especially as it has very different lyrics to those used by St Pauli and any one else who sings it and it happens to be based on a on a song by Rosemary Clooney that dates back over 60 years

How old is Blaydon races, it that tune far too old to sing if I will follow him is too old a song to use. Who else sings a version of Blaydon races? shouldn't we stop singing that too just in case we suddenly get associated with those other undesirable clubs even though we sing it as Brighton Aces?

Our words are very different so what does it matter who sang there own version of it first? or has everyone suddenly become too self conscious and worried about people seeing them singing and enjoying themselves?

You're missing the point. Brighton fans like to moan. I really understand that now, it's in many peoples blood, terminal in some instances it seems. We've a good team, stadium, manager, food etc. So some now have to moan about something else. Even if had the best of everything, someone would start an official it's crap being the envy of the Planet because e.g. we're not the envy of the galaxy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here