Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's All Pack It In...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
GUNTER said:
True, but to be honest, I thought we would walk this division once we got Knight in as out form in the second half of last season would have meant a mid-table finish if we had played like that from the start.

I think Brooker going has had as much of an impact as Zamora and we need a winger to create more chances as Hart is not playing at his best.

Not just Zamora and Brooker, we lost Beasant, Blackwell, Ingimarsson and then after a month Rodger.
That's half a team gone.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
The team is currently going through a transition stage this season, losing BZ & Brooker took a lot of the flair out of the side which has only been partially replaced by Knight.

Agree Watson, Mayo & Hart are not the players they were 2 years ago but we do have promising youngsters coming through like Hinshlewood and El Abd, but they will take time to settle.

I think when the Falmer decision is made (hopefully a yes) the Club as a whole will breathe a huge sigh of relief, and this will give us a confidence boost.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Not just Zamora and Brooker, we lost Beasant, Blackwell, Ingimarsson and then after a month Rodger.
That's half a team gone.

Fair comment. Sometimes need to remind ourselves of that. I personally can't wait for Rodger to return, he definetely adds quality to our midfield and he was the greatest playing influence in turning our season around last year.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
GUNTER said:
True, but to be honest, I thought we would walk this division once we got Knight in as out form in the second half of last season would have meant a mid-table finish if we had played like that from the start.

I think Brooker going has had as much of an impact as Zamora and we need a winger to create more chances as Hart is not playing at his best.

I know what you mean. The day before Bobby left we played Arundel in a friendly. Getting to that close to the seasons start with Zamora still in our ranks I thought he was going to stay...At least until the transfer window re-opens next month. This meant that in the pub before the said friendly I quite confidently sat there and told my Dad and a mate that we would walk division 2.

Of course, he went the next day and I had to re-think my prediction somewhat. Then along comes Leon and the man bangs in the goals and my prediction is back on.

The VD one's walk out has definately hindered our progress as although I am glad we are rid of him it has had an impact on the team. One of Leon's main reasons for joining was because of him and Cullip said he was the best manager he has played under. For him to suddenly be gone must affect these (and other) players.

At the end of the day despite not hitting the playing levels of previous seasons our team/squad is still a good one. Mark McGhee is lucky to have inherited this squad but he has done well so far keep us in contention. It is a hard job as even when Peter Taylor took over and although we had the momentum any pissing about could have ruined it all. He kept things together and won us another championsip. McGhee is proven and is no fool and he know's he has a decent squad. With his guidance and a few addittions we will improve. Even if we miss out altogether on the play-offs McGhee has the ability to turn us into genuine title contenders next season...Not that I am writing this season off yet.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here